23. Falling little more

Avni Pov

I was thinking about talking to Ranviijay about Veer, but before I could do veer came like chaos and left too, he just met Maa and sibling then left.

Maa was crying miserably after seeing him like she saw him after an eternity.

Badi maa's words are struck in my mind. Acknowledging is another thing she called him a guest and left like he is not his son but a beggar.

I am sure she would treat a beggar better than that.

She is a quite a humble and polite lady, what could have Veer done that
she don't even look at him.

“Choti maa... please call bhai again" yug cried and hugged maa tightly.

Anika was hugging me sobbing silently I was caressing her hair trying to console her, but she snuggled me more tightly after she listened to Yug.

I don't know what's going on here. Veer came and left. Everyone is continuously crying they wanted him to stay, but he was gone.

“Don't cry my child I will say Ranvijay he will bring him back, you know your Ranvijay bhai can do anything" maa tried to calm him down shimmering tears were flowing out of her own eyes.

“He will never come back Shatakshi , it was a one-time thing” dadi growls, and maa's body stiffened.

I was staring at her blankly, if she is serious how can she talk like that when everyone is crying?

“I hate you, why don't you let us live peacefully" Anika pulled herself from my embrace and screamed at Dadi.

“Nothing will change my decision Anika” she retorted firmly.

“Of course it won't, you have to save that bloody Chauhan name” Anika spit it out in anger.

Dadi's eyes darkened her pupil dilated in anger and in fury she raised her hand to slap Anika, before it could reach her cheek I caught her wrist. Her sharp knuckle bracelet rubbed my palm harshly and for a second I whimper.

“How dare you hold my hand” she squealed glaring at me.

“Just like you dared to slap her” I snapped, glaring back at her.

I am not scared of her.

“Avni, beta don't do that" maa pleaded, her breathing was a little heavy and I let go of Dadi's wrist.

Only for maa.

“Don't you dare to cross your limit Avni , do not forget you are standing in my home” she yelped and I chuckled sadistically.

“The same home which is running because of my husband's day and night handwork. Not. Because. Of You. “ I squealed in anger, punctuating the last four words.

She gasped after hearing me her eyes getting more angry, jaw clenching that hard there might be a possibility it would break out.

“Avni, Enough and Yug and Anika you both get back in your room” Ranvijay's raspy voice came in my ear, and he stormed inside the lobby getting near to the Maa.

Is he really shutting me up?When dadi is the wrong one.

“Bhai…" Anika mumbled, but he glared at her and they both walked upstairs towards their room.

“This is what you are teaching your daughter-in-law Shatakshi, I expected better from you” she blamed this time and maa's breathing rises.

“No…no…no…no…no…maa…maaa…she …is….little…child…. that's …wh” she started babbling , and unstoppable tears were flowing out of her eyes, Ranvijay is squeezing her shoulder trying to comfort her.