33. Accident

Avni pov

I was lost in thought and then my door of the room opened with the thud voice.

Suyash was there poured up in sweat breathing heavily, tears were flowing out of his.

He looked at me with the most sympathetic eyes and then he fell on his knees.

"Maine apna Bhai kho dia bhabhi, Maine apna Bhai kho dia"

"I lost my brother bhabhi, i lost my brother" he cried loudly and my whole body got cold.

Suyash burst into more tears, his face pale with terror, his eyes wide and frantic.

For a moment, everything around me froze. My heart stopped, and a cold numbness crawled up my spine.

Whom he lost ?

Is something happens to yug.

Oh God.

He is very precious to me.

I rushed to him, grabbing him by his arms as panic gripped my chest tightly.

“What are you talking about?” I screamed, my voice trembling.

"Is yug okay, take me to the yug i want to see him, i want to meet him, say something Suyash."

Suyash's lip quivered as he spoke, his words tumbling out in a desperate rush.

"It's Bhai, bhabhi… he got into an accident… and there’s no trace of him. We can’t find him, Bhabhi... We can't find him!”

His words felt like someone had stabbed a knife in every flesh of my body and to make it more painful he twisted it too and then left me to bleed and die.

Everything around me spun.

My legs gave out beneath me, but I managed to hold myself upright, barely.

Accident.

Ranvijay.

Missing.

Ranvijay.

Hurt.

Ranvijay.

I couldn’t breathe.

Nothing can happen to him.

It all happened last night it means it happens because of me.

My words and cruelty must have hurt him so much.. i am reason behind all this but i never wanted to hurt him.

Not at least physically.

“No, no, no...” I mumbled, shaking my head fiercely.

“That’s not possible. No. I didn’t do anything... I just... I just wanted to save myself.. not this... not to hurt him like this...” My voice grew louder, and tears flowed down my eyes.

"Bhabhi, please come down,listen to me, bhabhi please" suyash pleaded and tried to come down but now there is nothing which can come down to me.

“This can’t be happening. I didn’t mean this!”

The words wouldn’t stop spilling out, and I couldn't make sense of anything. My hands clutched at my chest, my breath coming in short gasps as the weight of everything hit me like a storm.

Panic attack.

Ranvijay, the man who loved me to whom I had pushed away, the man I had torn apart with my words... was gone....

No.

He can't go away like this, he can't leave me like this.

Suddenly, Badimaa entered the room, her face filled with sadness as she looked at me.