002

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
narrative + messages

august 2nd, 2022: iowa city, ia

today is the day. i'm moving into the university of iowa. well not actually, harper and i have an apartment right outside of the campus. luckily it is in the same complex as kate.

i'm so excited to see kate. i haven't seen her since basketball season. she wasn't able to make it to my graduation, which was a bit saddening. but at least i get to see her now.

we had just made it up the stairs dragging as much as we could carry up with us.

"how bout you tell your gal pal to come help us carry all this shit"
harper groans

"yea probably should've already done that"
i reply

iMessage

nayvie🫶🏼
hey kate!

would you mind coming up and helping my roommate and i unpack?

kate🤍
no problem can't wait to see you!

room number??

nayvie🫶🏼
431 B
liked by kate🤍

as harper and i try our best to organize i hear a knock at the door. i run straight there assuming it's kate of course.

and there she is my best friend. looking beautiful as per usual. before i can say a word she pulls me into the biggest most warming hug. her hugs have always been the best, even since we were little. if I would scrape my knee, a hug from kate and a hello kitty bandaid would fix it right up. or when i came out and she was the first one i told, her hug assured me that  everything was alright.

"i missed you so much nayvs, i'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your grad"
kate expresses

"i missed you even more kate, and don't worry. it's all good!"
i exclaim

i introduce harper and kate to one a another, and they hit it off  thankfully. can't have my two favorite people hating each other.

kate stays over for hours until we're done, and to be honest she does all the work. at 1am sharp we have finally finished everything.

"see you later nayvie, love you, and it was nice meeting you harper"
kate says tiredly

"you can stay over if you want, i'll take the couch"
i say

"nooo i couldn't do that to you on your first night here"
says kate

"then we can share the bed... if you're fine with that, of course"
i say flustered

"i mean yea, sure that works"
kate replies

if i'm being completely honest we both just hopped into bed not even washing our faces. her body gave me the warmth i craved, and we cuddled by instinct. kate was obviously the big spoon pulling me in tight, thinking nothing of it the same as when we were little. as soon as i felt her skin against mine butterflies fluttered wildly in my stomach. i wonder if she feels the same.

authors note
how we feeling about chapter two?
any recs??? #kayvie❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥