009

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
narrative + message

december 19th, 2022: edwardsville, il

home sweet home, or so they say. kate and i just made it to edwardsville. i try to regather myself before going in. i'm not sure what's going to happen over the next couple minutes. my family is very bipolar, but at least i have quinn.

"you okay baby"
kate inquires

"yea just nervous"
i say shyly

"you're their daughter they love you no matter how it may seem"
she reassures me, i reply with a kiss on her forehead

we decide to each go to our own homes, since kate only lives a couple houses down from me. i take a deep breath, and knock on the door. although i have a key, i just feel like i'm an intruder in my home of 18 years. as i wait, i pick at my fingers. a bad habit i've had my whole life. sometimes i do it until i'm bleeding. not on purpose, i usually don't notice. kate always holds my hands, so i can't do it.

after what seems like forever luckily for me quinn comes to the door. we embrace each other in the biggest hug, you'd think we've been apart for decades.

"nayvie i missed you so much"
she exclaims

"i've missed you even more booger"
i smile into her shoulder

"stop with that nickname"
she laughs and shoves me away

"where's mom and dad"
i ask as i finally walk in

"oh, um they left... but they'll be back soon"
she says feeling bad for me.

great my own parents don't even want to see me, after us being apart for months. i literally told them exactly when i'd be here, and they couldn't think to even text me that they left.

"not suprised"
i mumble

"you know they love you nayvs"
she states

"everyone keeps saying that, but it really doesn't fucking feel like it"
i blurt out, as i feel my eyes get heavy.

quinn hugs me again, because she doesn't know what to say. i think that was the best response though, she always knows what to do. i quickly get myself together, because i should not be crying to my little sister.

"sooo how's life"
i ask, since i have a lot of catching up to do.

i drag her upstairs and we go to my room, it looks the exact same as i left it. posters still on the wall, and sheets still on my bed.

"okay spill everything now"
i exclaim as we both sit on my bed

"well, im cheer captain as a junior so that's cool. it's usually only seniors"
she tells me

"wow that's a huge accomplishment , congrats"
i say smiling

"i also have a boyfriend"
she says

"yea, noah right"
i say remembering her boyfriend from before i left.

"no we broke up, his name is cameron"
she laughs

"ohhh my bad, tell me more"
i reply

"he's really sweet, he's actually a senior, and he plays football."
she informs me

"i feel like i've heard of him before, I don't know where though."

"yea you definitely have, he's AG's younger brother"
she says nervously

anna grace. i haven't heard that name in a while, but as soon as i do millions of memories flood through my brain. my first girlfriend, and you know what they say about your first sapphic relationship.

"oh"
is all i say in response

we hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

"we're home"
my dad announces

they come into my room, obviously not excited to see me.

"oh... we didn't know you made it nayvie ann"
my mom says. she's always used my first and middle name, even though i told her i didn't like it years ago.

"well i texted you and dad, so that's weird"
i reply, rolling my eyes

"we have company coming over for dinner tonight so could you change you don't look too great"
my mom changes the subject

"oh... well who's coming over"
i ask annoyed

"the johnsons, i'm pretty sure their daughter anna grace is your age"
she surprisingly smiled

"oh okay, well i'll get ready"
i say already tired of them

my parents leave my room, and quinn follows behind them. life is great, my mom can't talk to me without insults, and my dad can't talk to me at all, which is honestly worse. and now they tell me that my ex is coming over for dinner. they don't know about that relationship, because it was never public and anna grace was in the closet. i only told people i trusted. tonight is going to be awkward, especially since AG still hasn't came out.

iMessage

baby🫶🏼
kate, could you do me a favor??

my pretty girl
yea baby, shoot!

baby🫶🏼
come to dinner at my house tn... but anna grace and her fam will be there

my pretty girl
ughh yk how i feel about that bitch

baby🫶🏼
ik but quinn is dating her brother sooo

my pretty girl
poor q
you guys are basically family now😭

baby🫶🏼
don't say that ever again
but will you come i'm begging

my pretty girl
anything for you my love

baby🫶🏼
ty love you

my pretty girl
love you more see you then

authors note
how we feeling?? introduced
some new character this chapter!!
and our girls are stepping it up
#kayvie❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥