006

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.
narrative + message + insta

november 6th, 2022: iowa city, ia

today is the first home game of the season for iowa women's basketball. i'm really excited to go and support kate. her and the team have been working so hard throughout preseason. i just hope it pays off, and they get the winning season they deserve.

the game today is against depaul, which will most likely be an easy dub for the girls. tipoff is at seven-thirty pm, and right now it's a little past five. i text kate to wish her good luck, even though she probably won't see the message anytime soon.

iMessage

nayvie🫶🏼
kate, i just want to wish you good luck today, not even luck to be honest. you've been training so hard this season for this moment. give it your all and trust your abilities. this may be hard, but have fun. enjoy the game, you're literally playing with your best friends. i'll be in the crowd cheering as loud as possible with your name and number on my back. no matter the result i love you so much. remember they call you money martin for a reason.
-nayvie ann drew🤍

harper stands over my shoulder as i type the message. i can literally feel her eyes burning holes into me from behind.

"you must really like kate, huh"
she asked

"yea i do really really like her"
i smile

"i'm rooting for kayvie"
she exclaims

"what"
i laugh

"it's a ship name, duhh"
she giggles

we start getting ready, and i turn on a playlist that's shared between kate and i. it reminds me of her in the best way. i really hope she's okay right now. she tends to become anxiety ridden before games. maybe she'll see my message, to calm her nerves.

tonight i'm wearing a martin jersey that i cropped with jeans from urban. it's been pretty cold out in iowa, especially since it's november. i'm just glad it isn't snowing at this point.

"how do i look"
i ask harper

"very sexy mrs.martin"
she replies , i blush

we leave our apartment once we are ready, and arrive at the carver-hawkeye arena. we get there a bit early while the girls are still warming up. kate looks so good as always, but during basketball she has an affect on me in so many ways you don't even wanna know. i check my phone to see if she has seen my message, but it doesn't seem like she has.

at seven-thirty sharp the game starts. kate gets the tipoff. giving iowa the first possession of the night. the game is going pretty smoothly until a ref calls a false foul against kate.

"are you blind dude, she didn't fucking touch her"
i yell

kate looks up at me, and i can see the frustration plastered on her face. at the half iowa is leading 46-18. kate must've checked her phone during halftime, because she replied to my message.

iMessage

kate🤍
thank you nayvie, i see you up there
you look amazing see you after the game love you

it was a hawkeyes victory, not that i'm surprised. after the team is done in the locker room kate runs out into my arms.

"so proud of you kate you played so well"
i exclaim, squeezing her tight

"thank you, beautiful"
she replies

us and some of the team go back to kate's and caitlin's room and chill for a bit, watching movies, talking, etc. me and kate are cuddled up on her bed having our own conversation. i love hearing her voice. just being in her presence is enough to give me a sense of peace.

"nayvie"
kate says seriously

"yea"
i reply

"i have a crush on you, and by crush i mean i would literally die for you"
she blurts out, i smile

"quit smiling at me like that, i can barely speak"
she stutters

"i feel the same kate, i have for a while actually. i'm just surprised you feel the same"
i reply in shock

"do not pretend you don't know how incredibly sexy and amazing you are"
kate insisted

i lay my head on her shoulder and play with her fingers. her skin is so soft and warm.

"sooo... are you free saturday night"
i question

"for you yes"
kate winks

"okay, then it's a date"
i state, and kate pecks my forehead

nayvie.drew

drew

liked by katemartin03 and othersnayvie

nayvie.drew, hawkeye win🖤💛
tagged, katemartin03

view comments. . .

katemartin03, i'm so cute🤍
-nayvie.drew, i agree
-user46, she's got our girl

caitlinclark22, bestie goals!?
-nayvie.drew, yep only besties

harpsmith, my girl and her girl🙌🏼
-liked by author

view more

authors note
they finally confessed their feelings.
thank god! #kayvie❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥