013

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
narrative + insta

december 25th, 2022: edwardsville, il

i woke up this morning to the best view of my beautiful girl. her arms wrapped around me, and her light snore so sweet. i hated to wake her up, but i have to it's christmas!!

i gently disentangle myself from her grip, and give her a quick peck on her forehead.

"lay back down baby"
kate groans

"noooo it's literally christmas get up"
i exclaim

"i know i know"
she replies, giving in

moments later there is a knock on the door from quinn.

"merry christmas love birds"
quinn smiles

kate and i reply the same, and then we all head downstairs. the sound of christmas melodies ricochet around me, and the delicious aroma of bacon and pancakes fills the entire house. i love it. everyone and everything looks normal, which is all i wished for this christmas... normality.

"good morning girls, and merry christmas"
my mom exclaims

"morning mommy"
i smile
"morning mama drew"
kate grins

we gather around the dining table, and enjoy our breakfast with ELF playing in the background.

"nayvie ann"
says my dad

"yes dad"
i answer, preparing for his wrath

"your mom and i are truly sorry... for treating you horribly over the past years. we love you just as much as we always have. and we acknowledge our wrongs and we want to recoup our relationship with you. we want you to know that we support you in everything and anything you do, as we should've been already doing know matter what. and we are sorry for not accepting you because of your sexuality. but we've been enlightened with the help of quinn and the internet, but mostly quinn. we know we can't change what we've already put you through, although we wish we could. but if you join us as we try to rekindle our relationship with you, we'd greatly appreciate it. and i just hope you know you were never the problem... we were. and we'll apologize a million times over. we'll do whatever it takes to have that same amazing relationship with you again."
my dad expresses, a tear falling down his cheek

i don't think i've ever seen my dad cry like ever. i really want this for us... to reconnect. and i just hope he's being one hundred percent genuine.

"wow dad... i mean obviously it won't be easy, but i love you guys always and forever. and i want this too, to rekindle our relationship is all i've been longing for. and i'm proud of you guys for becoming educated, and learning to accept me for who i am. although i wish it could of been like this from the start, would've saved me a lot of crying nights"
i divulge, as we all embrace into a group hug