008

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT.
narrative + message + insta

december 19th, 2022: iowa city -> edwardsville

it's finally time for winter break, thank god. school has been so stressful lately, since it's finals season. luckily i took my last final this morning in my political science class. that class is literal hell, and i think the professor has some type of personal agenda against me. also i took six classes this semester, NEVER AGAIN.

kate and i haven't been able to hang out as much recently, because of her games. our schedules just don't go together well, but we've been facetiming when we can. our nightly cuddle sessions have diminished to like one a week, but that's something right?

if you were wondering, no we aren't dating. although it's been a month since our first kiss. we've kissed at least one hundred times since then, yes i've been counting.
sometimes our make out sessions get really heated, but we haven't took it all the way yet.

kate and i are going back home for break. she should be here in a bit to pick me up actually. i think she had a final this morning as well. we agreed to take only one car, because i absolutely hate driving, especially in illinois.

i'm so ready to go back home. even though edwardsville is only about four and a half hours away, i haven't seen my parents a lot. they've been to a couple of games, and they came to parents weekend for chi omega. i wish they'd try harder to come see me, but i know they're busy with their own lives.

i'm worried how they'll react to whatever me and kate are. they know i'm bisexual, and they don't love it. they just kind of judge from a distance. whenever kate came out they didn't want me around her, and then when i came out two years later they thought it was "her fault".  after a long four years they are finally at peace with my gayness, even though they secretly think i'm going to hell.

i especially miss my younger sister quinn. i haven't seen her since i left for college. she's like my built in best friend. quinn is the only person besides harper and kate who really knows me. she's sixteen and a junior in high school. although we know each other so well, we couldn't be more different. she's literally barbie's twin, a cheerleader, and the straightest person to ever exist. although, i love the fact that we can be polar opposites and still love each other just as much.

iMessage

kate🤍
be there in 5 baby

nayvie🫶🏼
almost done packing, see you then💗
liked by kate🤍

anything and everything kate does gets me all flustered. she's been calling me "baby" recently, and omg it does something to me. it kind of hurts my heart that she does all of this, but we aren't official. maybe i should just ask her out, because it doesn't seem like she will anytime soon. i'm not rushing anything, but i just want her to be mine and i want to be hers. i mean we've known each other our whole lives, and we've kept whatever this is going for over a month now, so i think we're ready.