010

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN.
narrative

december 19th, 2022: edwardsville, il

it's been two hours since my parents told me to get ready for dinner, and i haven't moved from the exact spot on my bed. it's just so comfy and familiar. i feel like i'm trapped, but in a good way...

my mood quickly changes when i hear footsteps outside of my door, and i immediately know it's my dad. i get up as quickly as possible, and act as if i've been getting ready this whole time.

"the johnson's are almost here hurry up"
my dad yells through the crack of my door not even looking at me.

"almost ready"
i reply

i call kate and tell her to go ahead and come over, even though she's only like two minutes away. but she's the key for me to survive at the dinner table tonight.

i finally start getting ready. i put my day three hair into a slick back bun. my hair is begging to be washed. my mom is the best at washing and massaging my hair, but i don't know if she even wants to speak to me at this point. it's honestly depressing, but who cares... okay i'm lying literally me, i care so much.

i slip on some low waisted jeans and a light pink top, i refuse to do any makeup. because why am i literally getting ready to go sit at my own dining table.

kate tells me she's here, so i go get the door for her. my parents should be fine with her being here, hence they literally like her more than me. the only time they came to see me was for HER games.

everyone has arrived, and we are now all sitting at the dinner table. quinn and kate are on both my sides, and anna grace is across from me. kate is holding my pinky under the table, which has become very common when she knows i feel uncomfortable. the dinner is going better than i thought as of now, we interacts in short conversations every now and then, as we take bites of our food.

"how's uni been, nayvie"
AG asks

"pretty good i've finally gotten used to it with the help of kate and harper"
i reply smiling

somehow we end up on the topic of relationships and me being bisexual like always. it never fails.

"do you have a girlfriend... or boyfriend"
AG stutters

"something like that"
i giggle and kate smiles at me

"well someone is very lucky, hopefully they don't fuck it up like i did"
she accidentally spits out the last part

we look at each other, and we can feel everyone's eyes on us.

"what do you mean by that anna grace"
mrs.johnson asks oblivious to our previous relationship.

"um nothing... i don't even know what i just said"
AG lies

anna grace sighs and gives a fake smile. thankfully the conversation ends without our parents being too suspicious.

authors note
but why are they still not dating...
sorry this is so short!
and do you guys want drama or just
a perfect love story???
#kayvie❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥