011

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN.
narrative

december 19th, 2022: edwardsville, il

after two dreadful hours of sitting at the table, dinner is over. we are saying our goodbyes to the johnsons, and anna grace asked me to show her to the bathroom. although it is literally where it has always been.

we walk up the stairs with her trailing shortly behind me, our silence speaking louder than a million words. once we reach the bathroom entrance she breaks the silence.

"i miss you"
AG says

"i don't want to talk about this right now"
i reply

"just hear me out"
she pleads

"i understand your predicament, but i can't just sit around and wait for you"
i express

"i loved you when you couldn't love me the same, but now i've moved on and you should too."
i say stating how i feel

"i understand, but just know i'll always love you, and i hope martin treats you better than i ever could"
she smiles

"thank you, but how'd you know"
i question

"it's quite obvious, the way you guys look at each other, how she held your hand... i can just tell"
she says

she never actually uses the bathroom, and i walk her back down stairs, so she can leave. kate stares her down, and i know she's jealous. she's never seemed like the type, but she knows about our past, so i don't blame her.

once the johnsons have left kate and i head to my bed, and cuddle up together.

"what's up with you and anna grace"
kate snapped

"is my pretty girl jealous"
i tease

"no i just... she kept talking to you, and you guys were up stairs for a while earlier"
she stammers

"kate there is absolutely nothing going on between me and anna grace. i don't know if i'd even consider us friends. but i would never hurt you like that, and i'm sorry that i made you think even for a second that i ever would."
i explain, and kiss her forehead

"i know you wouldn't, i'm sorry. i just hate the thought of you with anyone else"
she says

a bit later, i'm in the shower.

"are you almost done baby"
kate asks

"almost about to wash my hair"
i yell from the bathroom

"do you need help"
she questions shyly

"yea that'd be nice"
i stutter

i feel a cold breeze as kate opens the shower curtain. she immediately looks down at the floor to be respectful.

"you can look at me you know"
i say

"you're beautiful nayvie"
she smiles

"thank you my pretty girl... now wash my hair"
i giggle

she runs her hands softly through the tangles of my brunette hair, and uses my scalp massager, which is so soothing.

"which one"
she asks holding up my amika and olaplex shampoo.

"olaplex"
i answer

she pours some shampoo out onto her hands and rubs it into my hair. the citrus smell fills the room. the suds drip down my body, while kate stands behind me continuing to wash my hair.

we innocently shower for a couple more minutes, and talk about nothing and everything at the same time. once we are out i get my towel from the warmer... yes i have a towel warmer. we get ready for bed, and i go back into the bathroom to do my skincare. of course kate admires me from behind.

"can i help"
kate questions

"of course sweet girl"
i reply

"what do i do first"
she asks

i point to the cerave moisturizer, she then squeezes some out and rubs it on my skin. once we get through the whole routine she looks exhausted.

"can we go to bed now"
kate begs

"who says your staying over"
i sass jokingly

"can i"
she smiles

"obvi"
i beamed, with a quick peck on the lips

we got into bed, and kate squeezed me tightly into her. my head on her chest, allowing her to smell my fresh hair. melting in each others we were both fast asleep.

authors note
#casualshowertogether
#kayvie❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥