Banding Together

Natsu's POV:

Natsu lifted his head groggily off of the... floor. 'Oh yeah another crazy Fairy Tail celebration' he thought, his head throbbing. How much did he drink last night? A lot probably. Opening his eyes to the light shining through to the basement of Fairy tail, he spun his head around observing his surroundings.

'I guess having a backup basement bar is kind of useful, Tartaros have absolutely demolished the guild building above.' Natsu pulled together his thoughts, as he attempted to sit up. Unable to move he noticed his arm pinned by a certain blonde mage, Happy asleep on top of her. She slept beautifully curled and holding onto his arm, even in such a hungover state he could just admire her all day. Moving to sit up he pulled them up slowly with him, aiming to keep them asleep he moved Lucy and Happy to his lap.

"Ahh" he groaned. When Fairy Tail party they party hard, he was even tempted to go back to sleep but maybe not on a basement floor. Moving his hand to Lucy's face he brushed her hair to the side and picked his eyes up to meet Gray Fullbuster. Gray seemed to be smirking at him, but unable to hold it as he assumed his head throbbed in the same way.

Tables, chairs and mages scattered the floor. Those who were awake sat on one of the furthest tables and consisted of Wendy, Cana, Romeo, Macao and Carla. 'Obviously the alcoholics who could handle themselves and the kids haha' Natsu smiled, he would join them but that would mean putting Lucy on the floor. He could wake her up but that could result in a deadly Lucy Kick, he was not prepared for that right now.

(A few hours later)

As the mages started to awaken everyone was revealing the fights they had been involved in with Tartaros. Lisanna was currently regaling on Mirajane's immense power against her opponent Seliah. Nevertheless, the story he was most interested in was Lucy's, he knew she was the one to save them from Alegria.

As Lucy began her tale, tears began to build in her eyes. "He had promised a promotion to anyone in the guild that killed me as I was the only one left, that's of course when they started flooding in behind me." Natsu felt tense throughout the story, he knew she survived she was here so why did he feel so awful. "I was so scared you were all gone but knew that I had to survive to figure out if I could have a chance to save you all."

"Virgo and Loke were trying to hold them back, but I had more of the 9 demon gates coming towards me, so I also summoned Aquarius." Her voice broke coming to the end of the sentence. 3 spirits, woah she had never done that before!

"She told me an ability to summon the Celestial Spirit King so I did." She continued. Natsu's eyes widened at such a powerful ability.

"WOAH! So you can summon the Celestial Spirit King now that's amazing." Happy joyfully added in a sort of star struck way. Lucy had become so powerful in the last few years, growing so much since he brought her to the guild all those years ago.

"Not quite, I don't think I will be able to do it again" she softly muttered looking down.

'She's hiding something' Natsu thought to himself, now isn't the time to question that though. They all thought he was a meathead but really he could read Lucy like a book, maybe with some things in general he acted a bit like a nitwit but not with Lucy.

"The Celestial Spirit King evenly matched Mard Geer, yet as my summon he relied on my magic which was hard to keep up as the demons still attacked. Aquarius lent me the power to take out Jackal but it depleted my magic so the King had to act decisively. He removed Alegria and froze Mard Geer to leave us with more time, you owe it to him not me haha" she slowly chuckled scratching the back of her head, as she realised the whole guild was enticed with her story.

"No you saved us all Lucy, what you did was amazing!" Wendy chimed in smiling ear to ear, causing Lucy to smile back at her blush coating her cheeks.

"You're so powerful Lucy, you have to fight me" Natsu shouted fists aflame, teasing but only slightly it would be a lot of fun. He chased her around the guild gaining warm smiles all around, well that was before he ran into Erza. He watched the cake in her hand tumble down to the floor by his feet. He stared at it anxiously, he couldn't look up now, he was in for the beating of a lifetime. Which is exactly what happened causing a ruckus within the guilds basement.

Erza held Natsu in a headlock and started to gain the attention of other members "I think it's about time you start leading the construction efforts eh Natsu, lead by example or so they say." As she gave him a big kick up the stairs. Groans filled the hall, it was their duty even though they didn't cause all the mess in Magnolia.

Lucy's POV:

Summoning Loke and Taurus she got to work on some houses near the cathedral. She wanted to get back, she wanted to do something nice with Aquarius key and have a minute to mourn her friend. She wanted to investigate the book of END, another one of her dear friends. Natsu, the boy she loved, how could he be a demon. She shook her head, these were thoughts for later she had work to do.

She tried to maintain her magic levels as Taurus disposed of large rubble, Loke immaculately smashed it into pristine shapes with his regulus punches ready to rebuild the homes. Levy beside her used her magic to write in bricks and cement, they were probably the quickest pair. Their magic was useful in this situation, kind of like Gajeel's ability to create iron beams for the homes as she smirked towards Levy. Those two would definitely be together soon, they were probably the closest out of the pairs she had witnessed.  Lucy still didn't even know if Natsu felt the same, sure she got some hints but that guy would throw himself into danger for anyone in the guild. He could love Lisanna or Erza for all she knew, yet Erza definitely loved Jellal.

As the sun began to set over the construction site which engulfed the whole city, it was time for Lucy to head back and to deal with even bigger problems. That is if she could be left alone for one night, who knew who would be in her apartment today. Usually just Natsu but sometimes all of Team Natsu decided to show up.