Demonic

Lucy's POV:

Her apartment was just as beautiful as it had always been, it had been one of the first if not the first rebuilt. Why? Natsu Dragneel. It brought butterflies to her stomach, maybe he did love her. But I guess it's also his apartment too at this point haha!

The apartment was quiet when she got back. "Probably not for long" she giggled to herself! First things first she wanted a bath, time to reflect and think of what she was going to do with Aquarius' broken key.

As she soaked in the bath she thought about the fact that she hadn't told the guild exactly what happened with Tartaros, she didn't want to bring attention to it straight away. Especially with Yukino there, she loved her spirits like Lucy did, she may not understand how far she was pushed into having to break a key. She wanted Natsu round and she wanted Happy to cuddle onto, she needed comfort. Yet that meant another day having, but not investigating the END book. Zeref could be coming for it whenever he pleased, but it took him all that time to grab it from Mard Geer, maybe it isn't the most important thing yet.

She wandered back into her room, towels round her body and hair. She couldn't find anywhere notable to put the key, she wanted to display it nicely, maybe she'd go into town for a nice box for it tomorrow. Well depending if the shops are built enough to reopen, the townsfolk of Magnolia are all getting their hands in reconstructing too. Walking over to her desk she slid Aquarius' key in the box with her novel, nobody would go in there for now, they know Levy will be the first to read it.

She then peered out of her window, no pink hair in sight, no red, no black, no blue. Maybe she would be alone tonight. Moving to the middle of the room and sitting crossed legged on the floor she pulled out Loke's key. He would know to bring the book with him upon summon. With a flash of gold he stood before her, book in hand firmly closed and his lips sealed tight. Handing the book down to her he knew better than to get involved, he knew who the book belonged to or better yet who it was from Lucy's order to grab it. He returned to the spirit world, ready to be called again at any moment. Should she be getting a reading lamp for this? Hot chocolate? She didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the predicament. She usually loved to read.

She laid the book by her feet and slowly opened it up to the first page. Red glyphs flew out the book, completely incomprehensible, she couldn't read this. 'What language would this be in?' She pondered. Grabbing a book nearby to her on a shelf she found a book on translations. 'This is usually useful on missions, I wonder if I can find the language in here.' She mulled through trying to find some of the strange symbols she was witnessing but without luck. She closed both books, best not to leave it open just in case Zeref could sense it.

She felt constant panic, she'd grabbed this book for a reason but the victim of the theft brought her great anxiety. Last night she had Natsu, she'd held onto him tightly. How could she sleep in a silent apartment alone tonight?

'I should also get a magic sealing box for the book, to protect the spirits and hopefully keep Zeref off my trail.' She thought, this was such a difficult and delicate situation. For now she would return it to the spirit world, in hopes he wouldn't be able to get to it there. She also needed to figure out the language of the book, maybe at one of the larger libraries, Crocus even. Maybe she could ask her spirits and just open it one more time. Who was her smartest spirit? Maybe Crux would, or maybe bring Loke back? Eh why not both!

Gold filled the apartment once again to summon a dozy cross to sit beside Lucy and Loke who stood just before her.

"I'm back Lucy is all okay?" Loke spoke with worry, he hadn't been gone long.

"I can't tell what language this is Loke, Crux. I tried my translator book but couldn't find a symbol that matched, which is strange because it has a lot in it. I was hoping maybe you can help or recognise it?" She spoke almost desperately. She didn't know how much longer she'd have the book nor how much time she'd get to look at it unsuspectingly.

"Well we have been around a long time eh Crux, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere at some point!" Loke teased.

Lucy nodded hand ready to reopen the book, crux also opened his eyes nodding in readiness. The room was suddenly once again filled with tension, all she knew about this book was the title, she hoped it wasn't doing anything to Natsu.

Peeling back the first page she re experienced a room of red symbols rising upwards in a sort of diagonal motion. The magic radiating from the book felt immense, Loke and Crux studied it carefully with Crux falling back to sleep.

'That means he is thinking, maybe he knows' Lucy remembered. Loke gave a nod leading her to slam the book closed once more.

"I might have a clue but let us see what Crux says in case I am wrong" Loke spoke.

The snoring died down as Crux reopened his eyes, "Miss Lucy I believe from a few of the symbols I've seen that this may be written in an older language... Demonic" Crux announced. Demonic, now that's going to be a hard job to translate, nobody knows demonic. For good reason!

Loke nodded down at her, he had the inkling that it was demonic. "How am I going to translate that? Nobody will know, maybe a book but I doubt many libraries just offer texts on such a language!" She was in her head, this is getting more difficult.

"Firstly, let's get a magic sealing box for the book! I'll head to buy it tomorrow if Levy and I can work fast on the houses. Do you mind taking it to the spirit world for one more day Loke?" Lucy asked.

"Of course Lucy, I promise I'll look after it. I can see if the spirit world would have any translator books that may help also, or if any spirits know where you may find one!" Loke smiled down at her.

Crux vanished to the spirit world in golden glow, Lucy rose to hug Loke. She was so grateful for his help. He then also took the book back to the spirit world. And behind him Natsu Dragneel. Shit how long had he been there!

"What was Loke doing here?" Natsu spoke ticked, almost annoyed. Why was he annoyed.. jealous, one could only hope. At least he must not have heard.

"Natsu, you scared me when you appeared behind Loke! We were just talking about a job I wanted to do soon, I presume you'll be tagging along for it." She returned, smiling and lying through her teeth. He nodded showing a small grin of almost relief.

"Well are you going to feed me Luce I'm starving!" Natsu whined, Happy flying in over his shoulder.

"Yeah any fish Lucy!" Happy chimed.

"Idiots" she muttered with a smile.