Burning up

Natsu's POV:

He sat waiting for his girlfriend, Lucy Heartfilia. They hadn't been on a mission in a while, he'd chosen a great one out for the team and everyone was on board. He thought they'd be going today, everyone was ready but Lucy hadn't shown up yet and it was 2pm. I guess now they'd be going tomorrow, it meant they didn't have to pay for an inn for an extra night if they set off early.

"Hey flame brain where's Lucy?" Gray questioned.

"Huh, how should I know?"

"She is your girlfriend." Gray laughed back and Natsu nodded with a chuckle. Maybe he should go check on her.

Standing out of his seat he made his way to the door.

"And where are you going?" Gray shouted.

"Where do you think?" He quipped back, heading straight for Lucy's apartment. Happy flew out after him hearing that Natsu was leaving.

Both heading straight for the window they knocked as the curtains were still drawn, weird. After no answer both boys began to panic. Burning the windows lock he threw the window straight up and jumped inside.

Quickly turning his head he found Lucy laid beside her bed, sleeping with a small blush on her face. He thought she was going to bed early haha, she must've stayed up with her novel and got too tired to make it to bed. Picking her up he felt heat radiate off of her, but it was a similar feeling to yesterday. Maybe that was just him getting that odd heat again, very weird.

He placed her on the bed for her eyes to slowly peer up at him.

"Mmm guys? What are you doing here? What time is it?" Lucy mumbled sleepily.

Natsu chuckled kissing her forehead, "good afternoon, sleepy"

"Afternoon!" She stood up with shock, she never slept past 9am. She quickly hurried to get changed.

"Don't worry Lucy we're going to go on a mission tomorrow instead, don't rush love." Natsu spoke.

"Yeah Luce, we are going to face some dark guild members terrorising a town! Similar to our last adventure." Happy added flying around the room with a pair of Lucy's underwear.

"PUT THOSE DOWN CAT!" Happy and Lucy chased around the room, with Natsu smiling brightly. Lucy began to get tired easily and began to sway.

"Woah Lucy." Natsu ran to catch her, "are you okay?"

"Yeah sorry I just got really dizzy and warm, must be because I've just woken up."

Lucy's POV:

Okay the book was definitely still having effects, she couldn't even make it to her bed last night. She doesn't want to seem ill either though because she really wants to go on the mission!

Natsu gave her a look like he didn't believe her.

"Natsu I promise I'm okay, why don't we head to the guild I'm hungry." Lucy batted her eyelids. All laughing together they headed back towards the guild hall.

"Lucy, you're here! Did Natsu tell you about the plan for tomorrow?" Erza approached starting a conversation.

"Yeah it sounds like a great plan!" Lucy nodded cheeks still slightly pink.

"Are you okay?" Erza questioned noticing a bit too much. She would have to exaggerate this.

"Perfect Erza, do you want a drink?" And with that all suspicion was gone. She'd edited the book and was beginning to overcome the sickness that came with it, everything would be fine. It would be hard to finish, but no harm done.

Time skip (next morning)

The guilds strongest team stood outside the train station in Magnolia, ready to head on another mission and hopefully...

"Do not destroy everything this time, got it boys?!" Erza lectured, yeah that.

"Yes Erza." The boys repeated in a militant style, saluting and marching to grab the bags as the train pulled in.

"Next train arriving is departing to Clover Town" the announcement played out over the speakers.

Finding a nice booth on the train Natsu had already positioned himself to have his head on Lucy's lap. Happy also took the opportunity to snuggle into the fray, complaining about being tired and an early start. Wendy was almost hanging out of the window whilst Charles scolded her.

Erza drank tea ready to go over game plans, while Gray looked outside just ready for a relaxing journey, or thinking of a certain water mage.

A long train journey with two ill dragon slayers later, they FINALLY arrived in Clover Town! While she and the others collected the luggage, out sprinted Wendy and Natsu kissing the floor.

"Freedom!" Natsu shouted giving him weird looks in the station.

Heading towards the edge of the town they found a cheap inn to stay in tonight. Dropping off their luggage they headed towards the mission requesters home.

It was bleak, it was dark and it was dingy. The team all stood outside gazing with funny expressions. It was very close to the edge of town and stood solely surrounded by nothing else except a lake.

"I smell quite a few people inside." Natsu spoke lowly.

"Ambush?" Ezra questioned in a low but sturdy tone.

"Likely." Natsu finished. Both stood ready for anything that was about to happen.

Gray was the one to approach the door, ice already made and more ready to be made. You never know it could just be the requester likes guests.

The door swung open and an ominous feeling followed.

"Yes..." a dark figure asked cloaked by the shadows of the building.

"We're here for the job request."

"Fairy tail eh?" He said glaring at Gray's guild mark. This was all seeming a bit weird.

YOU!" All of a sudden I felt weighed down, eyes glaring at me from within the building.

"Me..." Lucy did the classic look behind her trick, no the death stares were definitely aimed at her.

Erza and Natsu inched towards her, feeling the same malice coming from the house.

"We are a dark guild under Avatar, and YOU destroyed our sister guild. So we intended on returning some damage to Fairy Tail, but even better the same mage returned!" He spat venomously.

And like that mages poured from the old building and a fight broke out.