The Party

Lucy's POV:

Everyone was at home preparing for the last big party before things returned to normal, hopefully. All the girls were at the onsen having a quick bathe before they got dolled up.

"Sooooo is everyone excited for tonight?" Mira questioned the girls.

"Juvia is going to ask out Gray-Sama tonight!" Juvia spoke in third person, all the girls cheered. But doesn't she do that every night. Well if Juvia can get rejected every day maybe she could finally get the guts to ask Natsu on a date.

"Pffft" she chuckled to herself, she would need some confidence tonight for that.

"What you giggling to yourself for Lucy, planning to ask someone out tonight...?" Mira winked at her. Should she be honest? Did she think Lisana or Erza liked Natsu maybe not? Screw it.

"Maybe!" She chimed back confidently, she watched Mira get taken aback. Not the answer they were expecting haha!

"Really, you're going to ask out..""LOVE RIVAL" Levy was interrupted by Juvia.

"Juviiiiee I'm not asking Gray out I'm not your rival." She laughed back.

"You're going to ask out Natsu." She spun around to see Lisana had indeed said it, it was spoken so plainly. How should she even take that? Did she mind?

"Ermmm, yeah I think so, depends how confident I feel." She blushed heavily scratching the back of her neck. "Is that okay?"

"Lucy don't be silly, you don't have to ask me for permission, it's not me you're asking out haha!" Lisana retorted, she didn't say she didn't like Natsu but at least maybe she wouldn't stand in the way. Time to get the conversation away from Natsu anyway.

"What about you Levy chan, is another certain dragon slayer on the cards tonight?" She winked across at her small friend.

"LUCY" levy blushed hard, all the girls giggled, finishing a relaxing afternoon before dispersing to their apartments to get ready.

(4 hours later)
Natsu's POV:

The guild seemed really busy with all the mages here at the same time. He could not find any of team Natsu if he tried. At the moment he was passing the time with Elfman just having a beer, didn't need more than that. He didn't think he would be drinking much tonight, not if they have an adventure planned for tomorrow. Lucy had taken the leaflet to her apartment, so they can just set off from hers tomorrow. Maybe he'd just crash at hers with Happy, depends how hard the Lucy kick will be.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the light bounce off of blonde hair, there she is! She looked stunning, his jaw must have literally been on the floor. She was wearing a light green dress, small black heels and her hair fell on her shoulders perfectly. Who's she trying to impress, him hopefully.

"Oi Natsu, stare any harder and you might pass out" Gray smirked behind him.

"There you are snow freak, it's so busy in here" he retorted.

Where you can see a Fullbuster you can see Juvia, as he spotted the movement of blue hair in the crowd. He almost felt like teasing him about it, but he could tell that Gray had started to really care for Juvia. Good, means one less person after Lucy at least. But she was over by Cana so she would be drunk tonight guaranteed. He could hear shouting from that direction, with Cana downing another barrel, maybe he'd just get Lucy home safe tonight and not stay over. She always talks nonsense when she gets drunk, he was hoping to flirt but definitely not tonight.

Gajeel and Mira were both performing on stage, Gajeel sounded dreadful as always he thought. Mira was pretty decent though, he never usually listened to either of them. Without a distraction with the last name Heartfilia, he was taking in his surroundings. Happy had gone over to hang out with Lucy for a while, maybe he should just join them.

"Natsu!" He turned to see the short white haired Lisana.

"Hey Lis, bit loud and busy in here." He replied, she beamed up at him. She grabbed his hand dragging him out the front doors, but not without locking eyes with Lucy as the doors closed.

"It was very loud in there haha, how have you been Natsu?" Lisana stood beside him, a nice catchup wouldn't hurt before going back in. They passed back and forths for around 20 minutes, she continued to edge closer but he knew he wanted to head back inside soon anyway.

"Is Lucy getting drunk tonight then?" Lisana brought him out of his daze, he hadn't expected her to bring Lucy up.

"Oh uh, she's with Cana and that only ends one way." He chuckled.

"Ah maybe she's not going forward with her plan then, I'm going to find Mira~ne maybe if you're free you can come get the drink I owe you at the bar." She winked and headed back inside.

'Uh oh' Natsu thought, his brain was in overdrive right now. He kept thinking about how bad with emotions he was and she was definitely flirting, not the person he'd wanted to be doing it though.

As one left another returned, Lisana was quickly replaced by Lucy running outside to see him. Happy waved bye to her at the door, was she leaving. Pink dusted her cheeks as she ran towards him, oh no she's going to be drunk.

"Natsu, I ugh mm well." She stuttered, guess she is then.

"Natsu, I love you." She shot out quickly, looking down even redder than before. Yep drunk, he was desperate for her to feel this way. It kind of felt like a shot in the foot, that she'd only say this while drunk, she didn't even mean it.

"Why don't you go back inside and drink with Cana?" He spoke harsher than he'd meant to, but his brain was just in overdrive. First Lisana, now this, he wanted to go home. He walked past Lucy and tried to find Happy, but the blue cat was nowhere to be seen. He blended into the crowd waiting for Lucy to return back in before sneaking off home. Why couldn't she just ask him on a normal day, is a drunk speech what she really feels. He wanted to hear it plain as day, but right now he wanted to sleep this all away. Lucy would forget tomorrow anyway, and he didn't want to run into Lisana right now.

With his final thought trailing off he snuck back out the guild and headed home. That was enough partying for him for one night.

Lucy's POV:
(20 mins earlier)

"I'm going to do it Cana, I just don't know why Lisana has dragged him outside" she muttered annoyed.

"She wants your man Lucy, here why don't you have some liquid confidence." Cana laughed back.

"No thanks Cana, I'm not drinking tonight, I have lots to do tomorrow and I want to do this sober." She smiled in return, Happy flew next to her. He was so excited when he had heard Lucy's plan. He almost gave it away flying around and chanting, but those are his usual shenanigans to be honest.

After she saw the young white haired mage head back towards the bar she took her opportunity to replace her outside.

After seeing him stood in the light looking amazing, she stuttered her words at first. She was so nervous what if he said no. She just wanted to get it off her chest.

"Natsu, I love you." There she finally got it out, she must've been bright red but she said it, she finally told him. She brought her eyes up to meet his, but it wasn't the loving expression she was hopeful for. Her own expression dropped.

"Why don't you go back inside and drink with Cana?" He walked away after uttering that which sounded so hurtful. Maybe Lisana had beaten her to it, but why did he reply like that, it wasn't like him, maybe he was drunk. She stood there feeling utterly defeated, how were they to continue on now. She loved him and he didn't feel the same. She kept her head down walking back in over towards Cana. She didn't lift her head, both Happy and Cana could pick up how she felt.

"Oh Lucy I'm so sorry, want to go for a walk?" Cana offered.

"No thanks" Lucy muttered, tears beginning to fall. "Happy can you take me home please?" He nodded in return, hugging her tightly before they both headed towards the door.

He ended up staying with her that night instead of with Natsu, she didn't want to steal Happy, but it's nice to know he was there when she felt so down. They cuddled up trying to clear the awful party from her mind. She'd head to the job on her own tomorrow.