Book Hunting

Lucy's POV:

Her and Happy split out the money between them in the inn they booked for the night.

"We're RICH Luce RICH!" Happy giggled, this meant a lot of fish for him to eat. She was just happy to have the month's rent covered, not splitting it an extra way with Natsu meant that she'd have more time to research the END book. She missed him a lot, she'd have to train and show him her new abilities! For now though she needed to replenish her magic.

They'd booked a train home for tomorrow afternoon so they'd be getting up early to scour the library.

"8am for the library tomorrow Happy!" Lucy teased knowing he liked a lay in. Happy laughed back "I know Luce, what are we even looking for?"

What should she say, Happy couldn't know the truth not yet. He would know however what book she grabs from the library. What would she need to translate demonic for, think, think!

"Oh ermm haha, just need a translation book. During the Tartaros battle demonic translation would've been really helpful, and there a quite a few others missing from the translator I already have. It could end up being useful for future missions. I also want to just look through a library bigger than the Magnolia one, I do love to read." Lucy lied, but she'd have convinced herself with that one. She knew it worked as Happy just nodded and continued to fly around.

"I forgot to tell Natsu that I was going on a mission, and staying a night, he might worry." Happy stated, he also was sad that they weren't all together.

"I know Happy, I'm sorry, I told Cana we were going on the mission at least" She apologised looking down at her hands.

"It's not your fault Luce, I'm sorry that confessing didn't go how you planned, I'll stop the 'she likesssss you' I promise" Yeah maybe things would go back to normal, they could just hang around with each other like friends, like they've always been. Other people would now stop getting her hopes up that they'd get together too, she laughed sadly at the statement and her thoughts.

Natsu's POV:

It was now turning dark outside and Natsu still sat in the guild hall. Why hadn't they come back yet? He just couldn't stop worrying, it was like he was inching towards the door.

"Natsu, you're making me feel on edge." Mira spoke from behind him. He sighed looking down.

"What happened?" She questioned in a sad but comforting manner.

"Lucy asked me out." He stated to which Mira got the biggest grin, before it fell again as she realised the mood he was in.

"And you said no..." she finished for him.

"Yes but..." He retorted but caught sight of a short white hair mage listening in. He can't make this worse now, so he just put his head on the bar.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same Natsu, you're still friends with her. There are always other girls you know?" Lisanna joined in the conversation smiling. Well now he doesn't know if he can talk about liking Lucy back. I guess it would let Lisanna down at the same time. But did he really want to make two girls upset in two days.

"Where is Lucy anyway" he knew Mira could sense the tension, steering away from a relationship topic, he thanked Mira in his head.

"Job. Her and Happy haven't come back." He kept his head laid out on the bar.

"I thought they'd be back today." He continued.

"They'll be okay Natsu, Lucy is powerful, so is Happy. Crocus is quite far they'll just be staying the night." Mira reassured him.

"Yeah then I'm going to sleep until they do." He trotted out of the bar dragging his feet with him, so much for the picnic he'd planned to make things right between them.

Time skip
Lucy's POV:

The grand library stood before them, she was SO excited to explore it, they had hours before the train. Happy looked less enthusiastic to look at books, but smiled at her nonetheless!

She walked inside the entrance to be in the middle of a circular room, books lined the walls higher than her eyes could see. There were little terminals in which you could search key words to find what you were looking for. As Happy flew around observing some of the shinier books, she put the specifics in 'demonic translation'. The terminal began to glow gold searching the inventory, within seconds it showed a picture of a black book.

"1 item found, 16th floor, section E" the terminal spoke, she's so grateful she brought a flying cat for the higher floors. Studying the picture of the book it was all black, with a single line of white writing again in a language she didn't understand. Yet a writing she had seen before, maybe she would just have to translate twice. Out of her bag she pulled her own translation book, scouring through it with her fast reading glasses she landed on Yakuma.

Finally she will be able to translate the book, just twice but easily done!

"Happy" she called but not too loud, it is a library. He headed over towards her.

"Can you take me up to floor 16?" Grabbing onto the back of her, he began to fly up.

"What does the book look like Luce?" He said still heading up. She explained what the book looked like, and landing on the floor they began their search.

Hours later, book in hand, actually many books in hand. She found what she was looking for, and was ready to get started on the task ahead. She got so invested in reading they almost missed the train. But with Happy's max speed they made it just in time heading back to Magnolia.

Staring out the carriage window her mind wandered. She was worried about seeing Natsu, worried what the book held, worried about the guild's reaction to Aquarius, just worried. She would pretend all is okay, her and Natsu are friends, and she would make sure all is well with the book and do anything she has to. She would protect Natsu whether he knew it or not.