The first words

Lucy's POV:

It had been 2 weeks since her first date with Natsu, they loved each other! She felt so happy just thinking about it. They've been much closer in the guild, they never announced it but everyone just knew. Mira still teased them until Natsu came out with "Yeah of course I slept over, Lucy is my girlfriend." Which of course left Mira to faint.

Everything but one thing was seeming so positive in her life, the END book. She is dating the most dangerous demon, whether he knew it or not.

With the spare time she had (when Natsu decided to not stay over) which was not very often, she had been translating the book. She was sat in the guild right now, eyes down at the table thinking. She was upset not evidently but she was. Her mind thought back to last night.

A spell 'the demon to perish upon Zeref's demise'

And

'The urge to kill Zeref over anything else'

These two passages in the book kept her up all night. She now knew some parts of the book, but she didn't like them. Yet what could she do about them.

She was broken out of her trance by a kiss on the forehead.

"Natsu" she spoke softly.

"Lucy you're thinking too hard, you're pulling that funny face again." Natsu teased angering the celestial spirit mage. He laughed running away but at the same time she knew he was prepped for a fight. Maybe she should show him the new powers she'd been working on. Without summoning Taurus, she held the key focusing the magic onto herself.

'Star dress Taurus' she chanted in her head. A lot of guild eyes turned to her but she faced Natsu with a cheeky grin.

"Bring it Dragneel" she said lowly in a joking manner. This caused him to turn around with the biggest smirk, he was radiating excitement.

Lighting up his fist they began to share fists, both with a glowing smile on their face. The guild watched on in fear for the guildhall but also amazement of the mages in front of them. She could overheard Gajeel.

"When did bunny-girl get so powerful?" He spoke to Levy. She cringed at Lucy's nickname and swatted his arm, but she also looked amazed. Lucy felt proud of herself, her powers had evidently come so far.

"Go Lu-chan." Levy shouted.

"Bets, bets, make your bets here." Macao shouted from his table.

She was so focused on the guild, she hadn't seen Natsu readying his next move. She watched him finishing sucking in air, shit fire dragon roar time.

Just ducking out the way in time, the fire headed straight towards Erza's cake. Oh god oh god oh god oh god.

Lucy used Virgos key to dig herself into the floor after witnessing what occurred. Then and only then did Natsu understand what he'd let himself in for.

"NATSUUUUUU" Erza rampaged and hell broke loose within the guild.

'Time to sneak away for the afternoon' Lucy thought burrowing out the doors.

(Time skip)

It was now the evening, Natsu had popped by while she wrote her novel to let her know him and Happy were going fishing. Mentioning that she'd probably sleep early he gave her a kiss saying he'd see her tomorrow and maybe do a mission.

But she wasn't going to sleep early, she held a pen in hand, a magic pen. Levy had bought her it for her birthday a few years ago because it was shiny, but now she was going to use it for more than her novel. Opening the first page of the END book the red lettering spluttered out. Her translation papers lay around her feet as she tried to find them in the moving letters.

As the words finished pouring out they stood still in the air, filling the bathroom around her. Standing slowly she moved towards her first target. She would have to start with the hardest first.

'The urge to kill Zeref over anything else'

In the other sentence she believed just adding that he wouldn't die should solve the issue. She couldn't just add the urge not to kill here. That could cause Natsu to protect Zeref, she could change kill to fight but would that mean he couldn't kill Zeref.

'The free will to fight and/or kill Zeref" that would stop his desire over anything else. It also means that he could fight or kill Zeref but only if he wants to. Yeah that should work.

She put her hand over the word urge ready to change it  to free, and start off the new sentence. Looking down at her translations she began to draw the first letter.

"Ahhhhhh" she muttered lowly and painfully. It burnt it burnt! Using her other arm she forced herself to finish the first letter. This was going to be horrible.

Tears streamed down her face as she finished the first word, falling onto her knees. The burning feeling was consuming all her thoughts, she could feel the dark energy from the book radiating inside her. Yet she had to finish it, tears and sweat mingled into one as she continuously wrote.

Finishing the final letter she read her work, falling to the floor trying to hold herself. She was in so much pain. Yet she had done it.

"The free will to fight and/or kill Zeref" she read out loud. She was shaking, still having the burning feeling. Yet she was so exhausted, she couldn't do anymore today. Swaying back and forth, she had managed to put the END book and papers back into the box, and back into the ceiling.

She moved to the bedroom, collapsing on the side of the bed. Black dots swam across her vision as she tried to get into bed, still sweating and in pain she attempted to stand but fell unconscious onto the floor beside her bed.

Natsu's POV:

Sitting by the river he found himself in a trance, one he couldn't snap out of. As Happy waved a fish in his face to show he'd just caught one, all Natsu could do was lift his eyes.

He felt hot, the NATSU DRAGNEEL felt a heat like he'd never felt.

Happy looked at him with concern, before the feeling just washed away. That was weird.

"Sorry bud, I was lost in thought, show me the fish again."

"Look how big it is Natsu!" Happy danced showing him the fish, but his mind couldn't fixate on anything but that feeling. What was it?