Suspicion

Lucy's POV:

They had now recently gotten back from their mission, she had brushed off all questions about what happened putting it down to the wizards they were facing.

She knew the others were worried about the new arrivals of dark guilds and the dark magic they had felt.

The trip back was as dramatic as you would expect, sick dragon slayers, fights between Gray and Natsu and then inevitably Erza. Now she was just happy to be home, get a long bath and then continue making edits to THE BOOK. Zeref had something planned for Natsu, the guild, fiore, so her plans had to speed up.

He was right though, she couldn't change Natsu, not his past, not who he truly is. But she can protect him and make him completely his own person. She could cut Zeref's ties basically.

Pulling the box out the of ceiling it was time to get restarted. Today she would be cutting his connection to the other demons of Zeref, they would no longer be able to sense him, or he sense them. She would sever the connection completely.

"The demon's written within the books will sense and connect to one another, in an attempt to band together in an effort to end my life"

She would rewrite this to "The demon of this book would hold no connection or sense the other demons within other books, and not join in efforts to end the life of Zeref."

This was going to be quite the long rewrite. It was going to be so painful, but she was not scared. She had to do this, for Natsu.

Opening the book the familiar feeling flooded the room, writing flew around her head. There, that's what she needs to change!

She had to hold her other arm as she touched the pen to the writing.

"Ahhhhh" Lucy muttered burning masked all her thoughts and feelings. She repeated her new sentence over and over again to not forget. Tears streamed down her face, and the dark magic crept up her arm as she continued to write.

Finishing the last flick she collapsed to the floor. She couldn't move, all she could feel was herself twitching. She could hear herself cry but couldn't feel it.

1 hour skip

Lucy picked her head up off the floor, she had passed out cold. Thankfully she had closed the book, but could not even remember doing that. Placing the book and pen in the magic trapping box, she struggled but weakly placed it back into the ceiling panel.

She turned towards the mirror but stopped in shock. Her arm.

"Uh.. eee.... It's it's like... no" she muttered, her arm showed dark magic crawling up it in the pattern of veins. Picking up her head to look herself in the eyes, she watched tears fall.

"It will be worth it, it will, I love him" she said aloud.
Looking closer at herself, she could see her eyes were not shining the same as usual. It was barely noticeable, she just knew exactly what she looked like. Nobody else would notice but it was as if the brown of her eyes had been mixed with a grey.

"Dull" she again muttered. Hopefully these effects would pass, just like the weakness had.

"LUCYYYY!" She heard her name be shouted happily from the other room.

"Shit." She made sure the buttons of her pajama top covered her arm.

'What about my hand' she panicked, she'd have to try grab a glove.

'Phew compose yourself, no suspicion Lucy.'

She walked out the bathroom, both hands behind her back, holding them together like she chose to stand that way.

"Natsu." Lucy spoke, meeting his eyes as he sat on her bed. She walked towards her dresser first before making her way towards him. More suspicious however necessary.

She opened the top drawer and immediately whipped on the white gloves adorning them under her pajama top. It was a whole stealth mission but she was pulling it off.

"Luce, what's up, what are you doing?" Natsu spoke softly, it made her heart explode in butterflies.

"Nothing my love." She headed over, kissing him on the cheek and sitting beside him.

The look of worry did not drop from his face, his hand shooting up to hold her face.

"Have you been crying?" Natsu muttered in a somehow angry somehow comforting way.

"No no, I'm just tired Natsu, I'm okay really." Lucy softly returned. She moved her hand to place it over his on her face but hesitated once she realised she had gloves on. And he of course noticed.

"Why the gloves Luce? Is this a new fashion sleepwear or something?" Natsu tilted his head like a puppy.

"Eee yeah! I read it in sorcerer weekly, these particular ones help you sleep." Lucy lied, easily, she hated this.

"Oh amazing! I'll tell you know what helps me sleep... you. So can I please please please stay over hehe?" Natsu pouted before smiling widely. She was lucky he was her cute dense dragon slayer, it made lying hurt more but easier to get away with.

"Of course Natsu, let's get in haha!" She giggled trying to forget her worries, before they both jumped under the covers. She also slept much better, he was so warm and comfy. She really needed him to fall asleep tonight, and he could definitely sense she was stressed as he pulled her in closer.