One Step Far...One Step Closer

(sorry to everyone for not updating for so bloody long

Thanking you Lilith )

Author's pov: some weeks had already passed.....Pari is waiting for Ayan to visit here on the other hand Dr. Roychowdhury is trying to establish somewhat friendship with Pari.....

Whenever Pari would council him he would at some point just keep on listing to her then smile ..... mostly Pari would end up asking him what he is thinking "oh... nothing.... it's just a good memory"
He would say....

Today was Ayan's birthday Pari was on call with him for more than 3 hours .....but something it  just doesn't fell good....It fells so wrong to be so far from him.....she really miss him a lot.....when Ayan cut the call even though they talked a lot...she felt her heart hurting in a abnormal pain...next day when she was counciling Dr.Roychowdhury she was lost in herself

"Miss Mitra are you ok?" She got out of ther thoughts of Ayan and got back to reality....her eyes meet with the eyes of the man setting jn front of him ..his eyes coverd with thick glasses ..he took them off once and let out a sigh " well miss...I know you are the doctor here but I have seen world more than you .... Are you Missing someone?" He asked Pari by this time who was already getting overwhelmed by this time with her thoughts and sadness of missing her love "well.....sounds silly right??that when you know they can't meet you yet you want them around?!" She said half crying "hey hey??? What happened???" Dr. Roychowdhury asked " I just love him a lot and he is so far....I know it's for his education but yet ....how am I not supposed to miss him?" Pari said half sobbing . She felt two fingers weeping away her tears as she looked up Dr. Roychowdhury was looking at her as he was trying to weep her tears away...."look please....look please don't cry like that.....I know it's painful......mind going out???no where fancy just to get some coffe and get a little fresh air ???" Ordinarily Pai would have said no but today it's different she just can't take this alone so she aggred .....

                (Time skip)

As they were setting on the chair in a fancy caffe Pari was still in  her thoughts...as Dr. Roychowdhury ordered one coffee latte with chocolate ,a black coffee with sugar and veg sandwichs ....."hey hey??? Pari.... it's going to be oky???ok" Pari snapped back to reality as she heard the words from Dr. Roychowdhury...
She looked up and he was looking at her with a tiny smile...he tried to ask her questions about her childhood" I know you have lost your dad ....but there were good moments too right??" Said Dr. Roychowdhury .. This got Pari talking about something...her papa...and his memories...how she got adopted how her papa and she use to was car ,how he got her in dancing classes ,how she got her interest in Phychology due to her papa ... By that time the coffees arrived and there was a heart made on Pari's Coffee ....Dr. Roychowdhury suddenly apologized to Pari as he stood up and called the waiter ....."excuse me..ah she isn't my date she is a friend"....the waiter got there and was about to re do the coffee design as Pari stoped "it's fine he did a great work of art on this Coffe latte ... let's not ruin it " she said with a smile ...she noticed that this got Dr. Roychowdhury smiling as he set in his sit and by this way somehow the evening passed by..... with some more talk ..but Pari's mind was still with Ayan and her heart missing him.....

By the time Pari got back home it was around 7pm  she got on her bed and as she sat down there alone in her room she couldn't but felt like Ayan is getting farther away from her ...day by day........

On the other hand as Dr. Roychowdhury was driving home back....he couldn't deny it anymore he is in love with Pari....and he just wants to get closer to her.... just one step ....just a friendship is enough yet.... just a little bit closer....