XVII. Clash

The clouds loomed over the horizon. It's dull, the grey colour sending out a warning. Light flashed between the skies. The clouds transformed into something black and tumultuous.

The traffic along the highway because of its toll gates has already caused headaches for people. But two people in one of these vehicles lined up had more than a migraine to worry about.

"What are you saying?" Exclaimed a young woman as she faced the person in the driver's seat. "There's no problem with that!"

"What. I'm. Saying. Is. That you should've at least reprimanded him!" The man gritted his teeth in anger, and he angrily honked the car horn. "Move! These problematic old men!"

"Jinwoo! Do not say that!" The woman glared at the man and slapped him on the shoulder. "For your information, you are pretty old in some sense too!"

"WHAT! Haein! Are we still not done with that topic?" Jinwoo gawked at her in disbelief, and he shook his head. "You are changing the subject! I'm telling you, you should not have let him just touch you like that!"

"But it was just on my waist! It's not like it's on my chest or anything!" Haein defended, and she rolled her eyes.

"It can pass as sexual harassment if he moves his hand, stroking you! And it's almost at your chest, I am telling you! I can see his intentions!" Jinwoo groaned in disbelief. 'Does this woman know how guys can be so evil?'

Lights flashed continuously from the media's cameras. Everything was aimed at three people on the front right now. There are two men and a woman in between.

The man dressed in formal suits smiled at the cameras, while the woman just gave a wave and a subtle curl of her lips in an attempt to smile.

"We are here right now in our press conference with our star athlete in track and field! Miss Cha Haein! She is with her manager and sponsor for their upcoming event."

"Good Afternoon." The woman dressed in her sports gear with a jacket on top bowed in greeting.

"Now, Miss Cha. What are your thoughts about the children asking for you to be their coach?"

"Is there any possibility of you retiring soon, Miss Cha?"

"Do you have any boyfriends?"

"How's your injury from last season?"

"Is it true that your sponsor agreed to finance the event because of a deal made between you two?"

"Miss Cha!"

"Haein-ssi!"

The athlete was swamped with questions from the media once the press conference started. Their voices overlapped with each other in an attempt to be noticed and answered by the woman.

'When will this end...' Haein thought.

An hour passed before the conference ended with her trying her best to answer their question in a truthful way. Using that technique to answer a question with another question, or that one wherein you answer but leave out other details,.

Fortunately, they understood most of what she said. She sighed silently. This must be the effect of not coming to the public occasionally. So, when she called for conferences like these, the press would get so excited and panic over the long list of questions that she could answer. The questions in their minds may be provided with answers, and everything can make sense if she does a conference or even interviews.

The three stood up and moved to pose for a picture. It might be used for the headlines or something.

On the far side of the room, a man stood at the corner. Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, he watched his surroundings.