Chapter 1

Harry's perspective:
I sat listlessly in front of Snape during Potions class. Snape looked as unmotivated as ever, just waiting to give us a hard time. Especially me. "You will conduct this project in pairs. I'll choose the groups."Just what I needed. I hoped somehow to end up in a group with Hermione because I didn't even know what potion we were supposed to brew.

Besides, I was terrible at brewing. Of course, it turned out just as it had to, and I ended up in a group with none other than Draco Lucius Malfoy. Should I puke now or later? "What are you waiting for, Potter? Move your ass over here." This could be fun.

Irritated, I approached Malfoy and stood next to him. "Are you going to get the ingredients? And please, don't let anything explode again." I rolled my eyes. "Then get them yourself." I snapped back. When we were finally ready, we somehow began to prepare the ingredients. "Since I doubt you've been listening, let me handle this." With skillful movements, he crushed some beans and stirred in the boiling liquid.

"Hold this, you forgot something." He handed me the stirring spoon and disappeared among the ingredients. Something about Malfoy fascinated me, but I didn't know what. Lost in thought, I stood there until a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "FUCK, POTTER, WATCH OUT!"

Before I could react, I was knocked to the ground, and a loud bang echoed."Merlin, Potter, you almost bit it! Can't you be left alone for 2 minutes?!" Draco was lying over me and rolled off to the side. With a stern look, Snape stood before us. "Potter, Malfoy, out! And 10 points deducted from Gryffindor and Slytherin.

"I stood in the corridor, leaning against the wall. Malfoy stood opposite, at an angle. "Thanks," I said. "For what?" "Well, for saving me." "No big deal, Potter."