Chapter 9

Harry's Perspective:
Our secret relationship had been going on for almost two months now, but something was different. Draco was withdrawing more and more, and he looked tired and exhausted. I was deeply concerned, but he wouldn't talk to me. He didn't come to our rendezvous, and we hadn't had sex in a long time.

I was sitting at the Gryffindor table when I saw Draco come in. He had deep bags under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept for days. He didn't eat anymore. He was even thinner than usual, and that worried me. A lot. He had always been somewhat underweight, but now...As he left the hall, I practically ran after him. "Draco!" To my relief, he stopped. He looked at me.

"Oh my god... Draco, what happened? You look terrible." "Nothing." he replied coldly. "Draco, you look terrible, please forget your upbringing for once, which I don't think much of, and damn well talk to me!" He sharply retorted, "Don't say anything against my upbringing, Potter!" He walked away quickly. I grabbed his left arm, which he freed from my grip with a pained sigh.

He turned around once more. "Don't touch me!" he snapped at me. He left me standing there and walked away. I was terribly worried about him. What wasn't he telling me? In the evening, I went alone to the Astronomy Tower. I thought about how Draco and I used to sit here every evening. But I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts because as I was almost at the top, I heard voices.
I saw Draco, he had his wand pointed at someone. I also saw Bellatrix Lestrange and... Dumbledore. He was the one Draco's wand was aimed at.

"Do it, Draco!" Bellatrix yelled. Draco wouldn't do that... Dumbledore tried to reason with him. Suddenly, I saw Snape. He would save him, I was sure of it. A green flash of light appeared. It came from Snape. All I saw was Dumbledore falling over the railing where Draco had leaned during our first meeting here. In shock, I ran down the stairs.

I ran, out, just out, quickly, quickly to the courtyard. There I saw him. Dumbledore. Dead on the ground. I collapsed in front of his body. Anger seized me. I ran back, determinedly running into the girls' bathroom where the Moaning Myrtle was. There he was.

"Why didn't you tell me you were supposed to kill him?!" I screamed at Draco. He turned around, tears running down his cheeks. "Talk! Explain yourself!" I was crying too. "..." "Fine. Then fuck you, Malfoy. I guess I was wrong about you after all." With tears in my eyes, I ran outside. Lost in my emotions. I ran back to Dumbledore. I screamed, I just screamed for help, hoping someone would hear me. It didn't take long for the whole school to gather around us. Everyone raised their wands for him. Since that day, I haven't been the same Harry as before. I was broken, and I will remain so for the rest of my life.