Chapter 14

Harry's Perspective:
Fragmentarily, I became aware of Ron panicking as he approached me. Then, I was taken away, and eventually woke up in St. Mungo's. Slowly, I opened my eyes, bright light blinding me. I tried to reach for my glasses, but the slightest movement caused excruciating pain. I heard the door opening, but without my glasses, I could only make out vague outlines. It was a nurse.

"Oh, Mr. Potter! You're awake!" She came over and placed my glasses on me, which I had requested. Shortly after, the doctor joined. It turned out I had been in a coma for nearly three weeks. "What kind of curse was it?" I asked. "Unfortunately, we don't know yet." the doctor replied. "Now that you're awake, we can conduct more tests." Half an hour later, my two best friends and Ginny were in my room. "Oh, Harry! We were so worried!" Ginny said as she sat beside me. "Seriously, mate, I was bloody scared for you lying there!" Ron admitted. Hermione then asked what exactly had happened to me, but unfortunately, I couldn't answer her. "I don't know, it's not clear yet."

Days passed, and my hope for a swift discharge dwindled with each passing day. A whole week went by before the doctor could finally provide some clarity. "Okay, Mr. Potter. I have two bad and one good news for you. The good news is you can be discharged tomorrow." I nodded and looked at him expectantly. "However, at the moment, it seems you are paralyzed from the waist down, and the curse you received is unknown." I stared at the man in disbelief. "Paralyzed?!" I repeated. "I'm sorry, Mr. Potter, but there's still a chance it's not permanent. A small chance, but still there."

My friends picked me up the next afternoon from St. Mungo's Hospital. I didn't talk to anyone. I was in a wheelchair now. I've fought all my life, survived all sorts of crap without suffering major physical harm. And now, at 22, I'm in a wheelchair because I couldn't defend myself against a few Death Eaters.

Ginny helped me with everyday tasks as much as she could. I hated it. I mean, of course, I was grateful to her, but I hated being dependent on someone. Weeks went by, and I felt worse every day. Every morning, my razor blades seemed to smile at me in the bathroom, but I remained steadfast. I dragged everyone around me into my bad mood. I pushed away my friends and hardly spoke to Ginny anymore. I felt incredibly sorry for her, but I didn't know how to help myself. However, the situation with Ginny seemed to resolve relatively quickly on its own.

"Did you cheat on me?!" I yelled at her. She looked down. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" She looked at me, shame written all over her face. "I did... I had a lot to drink, and... I slept with a girl from work." she confessed. "I wanted to tell you, but-" "Get out." "Harry, I-" "Get out of my house!" She grabbed her coat and bag, "I'm sorry..." she left the house and slammed the door behind her.

I pressed my hands to my face and started to scream. My mind was blank. I pushed myself into my bedroom. I slammed the door shut. Anger gripped me. I smashed the pictures on the dresser onto the floor and punched the wall with my fist. My owl fluttered excitedly in her cage. I went to her. "I'm sorry..." I whispered. The little black owl leaned her head against my finger so I could pet her. Over the next few days, Ron and Hermione tried to reach out to me repeatedly, but I didn't have the strength to talk to them. I didn't even have the strength to do anything. Would my life remain like this forever?