Chapter 19

Draco's Perspective:
"FUCK, MALFOY! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THIS?! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE?! WHY IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK TO BE ABLE TO DECIDE FOR MYSELF WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE OR NOT?!"

I looked at him expressionlessly. Tears were running down his face. "I HAD DECIDED, MALFOY!" "No, you hadn't." I said. "THE FUCK YOU MEAN NO?? HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW?! ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING?!" "You didn't decide that, your depression did, and I found you through my damn good intuition."

Harry's Perspective:
He spoke so calmly and emotionlessly it drove me mad. "FUCK, STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR MASK AGAIN, I'M SICK OF IT. WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING INTO MY LIFE UNINVITED? WHEN WILL YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND? YOU CAN'T SAVE ME!"

"YEAH, BECAUSE YOU WON'T LET ME!" Malfoy's facade cracked. "DAMN IT, YES, I KNOW I WAS AN ASSHOLE, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU DIE, I-" He took a deep breath. "From the beginning, it was always you. You were the reason I dragged my pathetic ass out of bed every morning and kept going. God, I wanted your attention, I wanted you to notice me, I wanted you. But you were always so incredibly close but so unattainable. I started to fuck around with other guys, but no one could ever come close to you, no one was even on your level. I clung to the dream of being in your friend group, the Golden Trio, the trio that changed the world. Fuck, I wanted you, Potter. I wanted you to be mine. I don't know much about feelings, but what I felt and still feel for you is real, and I won't let you kill yourself. Not over my dead body."

I didn't know what to say. I looked at him. "You don't even know me..." "Then give me the chance to get to know you." He looked at me for a while and then turned away. He kicked a dresser, and a wine glass fell to the floor with a crash. "Fuck!" he cursed. I slowly rolled towards him, my hands trembling. Suddenly, he turned back to me. "You're so incredibly valuable, Potter. When will you finally understand that? Why do you want to throw your life away?!" "Because it's worthless, Malfoy. I've fulfilled my destiny, I have nothing left, and now even my ability to walk has been taken from me. I have nothing left." I replied.

"You have me." He looked deeply into my eyes.
He turned away again and walked to a cabinet. He took a glass and poured himself some whiskey. He took a large gulp and then looked at me. He nodded towards me and then at the bottle. I rolled over to him and got a glass too. Shortly thereafter, we were sitting outside; it was pitch dark by now, only a few candles and lights illuminating the terrace.

Draco's Perspective:
"Why are you so obsessed with me?" Potter asked. I looked into the infinite darkness of the garden. "Because you are everything I could never be."
Potter let out an amused snort. "You? Mommy's and daddy's boy whose wishes were granted?" I pressed my lips together and looked him in the eye. "I don't associate a single good memory with this house; I was better off in Azkaban for four years alone than I ever was with my family in this house I'm supposed to call home. I'd love to set it all on fire and never come back, but that would be stupid since it wouldn't bring me any peace or a new home."

Potter looked at me intently, studying me. We sat in silence, staring into the darkness. "I should go now," Harry said. "Oh no, you're definitely not living alone. Either you stay here, or I come to you; I won't leave you alone. No way." Potter sighed and rolled back towards me. "Where can I sleep?" he asked, resigned. "Come, I'll show you."

________________________________________________________________
After what feels like an eternity, there's finally a new chapter 😭 I hope y'all like it