F O U R

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

F A M I L Y     F E U D

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

An invigorated buzz filled the Chateau. Smiles were stuck over the Pogues' faces as they sat talking about John B and Sarah. Harley was ecstatic that John B was okay, even if he had said such horrible things to her. Sarah was where the indifference surfaced. The Pogues had explained that Sarah hadn't mentioned Harley when they had briefly seen her before the accident. Kiara tried to reason that it was likely because of the chaos of everything and not having time to talk properly. For Harley that didn't matter, it only took a second to let her friends know that she was still alive and with the Cameron's. She knew the state Harley was in and she knew how psychotic her brother could be.

"Just for the record, I never doubted them," JJ grinned. Everyone could see JJ was hyped up that one of his best friends had evaded death and was chilling in the Bahamas. Harley knew if JJ could swim there and bring John B back he would at the drop of a hat. It was cute how much JJ loved his friends.

"I owe you five bucks," Kie giggled.

"So, are we going to the Bahamas or what?"

Pope scoffed out a laugh, "There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas."

Harley's family flashed up in her head. She realised if she hadn't washed up in Pogue territory and her family had naturally moved to the island, then she'd technically be a Kook. Her family's wealth rivaled the Cameron's, something she didn't want to bring up. She couldn't imagine the Pogues would enjoy hearing something like that. Kiara being a Kook had already been a touchy subject in the past.

"John B is gonna get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday."

"I'll tell you how we do it," JJ brushed his hand over Harley's thigh before jumping up and facing the group. His sparky eyes found Harley's as he spoke with the frenetic confidence Harley found attractive. "We kidnap Rafe."

Harley blanched, appalled by JJ's suggestion. "What?" She didn't want to go anywhere near Rafe and she didn't want him anywhere near her.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking."

"You know torture is a war crime." Kie spoke matter- of-factly.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from jail. Because that is a felony." Pope added.

JJ was far from deterred by the input of his friends. Instead he was spurred on. "I'm glad you said that. Let's just get that son of a bitch arrested. He shot Harley and kidnapped her. Harley is walking proof. We can just nail him one time."

Harley perked up. JJ was right, she was walking proof. Gunshot wounds didn't disappear over night. The cops would have to hear her out because she had evidence. Sheriff Peterkin would have believed her in a heartbeat, she wondered if Shoupe would. 

Pope's eyes trailed to the stitched skin on Harley's thigh. "You guys might be onto something."

"Okay. But, how do we prove it was Rafe?" Kiara sat forward and eyed the group warily.