cry more and promises

i hope yall hoes cried after that last chapter. cry more here pls. put on duet from omori to truly encapsulate what it felt like to write this one since i had that shit on loop while writing this and a lot of the last chapter lmao

also, three chapters in one day?? dayum

Third Person

--

"Cyber, what are you doing? We have to go!" Frank shouted, with a knowing expression and a tear rolling down his face. 

The hot tears trailed through the dust in her face as she grabbed two bags from the back seat. Jet Star and Kobra Kid's belongings. 

She gpt back to helping hold up Gerard. "Okay, we can go now," she said shakily. 

They made their way as fast as they could to the nearest safe building, where all three of them collapsed onto a queen-size mattress on the floor, despite the sun just barely setting. 

---

The next morning, Gerard was the first to wake up, but Frank was second. He found Gerard watching the sunrise through the window.

"Hey, Gee. You missed a lot," Frank said. 

Gerard laughed halfheartedly. "Yeah, what happened? The last thing I remember was hearing a pop from the engine. And where's Jet and Kobra?" he asked. 

Frank shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh, god, that's not good, is it?" Gerard said solemnly. 

"I'm just going to say what happened. You lost control of the car and hit a sign, but because of the speed, it knocked you out, from what I know. Everyone else was okay." 

Gerard was still confused. "Well, where are Kobra and Jet? This safe house only has one room." 

Frank sighed. He really hoped that he wouldn't have had to be the person to break the news. "Mikey got out of the car before we could make a plan, and Ray followed him. They led off the scarecrow, and without them, we'd probably be dead."

"So they're-" He couldn't finish his sentence. 

"We don't know, but they are most likely gone," Frank finished. 

Gee couldn't move. He was in shock. 

"They could still be alive, Gerard! Keep your hopes up."

"Frank, what's the point? My brother and Ray are gone. It's the scarecrow, you heard Cyber! What if her guns didn't work? What if-" 

Gerard was cut off by Frank wrapping his arms around the man with the red hair. (NO FRERARD) 

"It's going to be okay. We'll get Better Living back for this. I can promise you that," Frank said to try and console Gerard as best as he could while clouds rolled in overhead and green skin-melting raindrops pelted the ground.