instructions and distractions

this was supposed to be the previous chapter but i felt like switching to jet's perspective so i could put in an important plot point (not only can he not read but the book is important to the plot but you didn't hear it from me) and if i didn't do that then i would have no fuckin clue on what to do with this book. very smort i am

third person

Cyber's shitty turning skills sent Jet careening around the backseat.

"Shit! Ow! Cyber, you didn't warn us!" Jet shouted.

"Sorry!" Cyber called back at him. "There's another turn coming, hold on to your tits!"

She turned into the gas station's lot, coming to a stop in front of the gas pump. "Kobra, you fill the tank!" She exited the car and pulled out her gun, as the Draculoids entered the lot.

Everyone but Kobra had their weapons out and ready.

"Everyone, behind the car" Poison shouted the instruction.

They all went to the opposite side of the car from the dracs.

The fight was long, and I have no idea how to write fight scenes. Everyone except Kobra took turns peeking over the top of the car and firing at the dracs. 

It got to the point where there were only a handful of them remaining. 

The tank was full by then, so Kobra had joined them. "Don't shoot!" Ghoul said, just loud enough for them all to hear. 

He leapt over the hood of the car, and the dracs were stunned for a moment. It didn't appear as though they'd expected him to do this, and neither did the killjoys. But it only took a moment for them to regain their focus, firing shots that Ghoul somehow dodged. 

With the dracs distracted by Ghoul, their guard was down. 

That was their own fatal mistake.

As Ghoul shot those in his close proximity, we took down the ones farther back. 

"From the side!" Poison yelled. 

What he was trying to do was warn Ghoul. But, clearly, as it goes in stories like these, Ghoul didn't fucking move in time.

Well, you snooze you lose. And in this case, what Ghoul lost was the ability to use his left arm for a while. 

At that moment, there were two remaining dracs. one of Cyber's lasers killed the first one, and as a reflex he pulled his trigger, and doing that killed the second one. 

All they had to do now was get away from there.