epilogue

A/n: holy shit this is the first book i've finished omfg

3rd person

All was right with the world.

Sadie did the only thing she could think to do- become a ruthless dictator.

That was a joke. But she did become a ruler though. After the whole situation and she took down Better Living, she took a leadership role in reconstructing Battery City. She eventually married Mikey- who would have thought that being shot by a guy would form a tight connection.

Mikey started a support group for anyone struggling with the change. He assisted Cyber with her leadership duties and they lived hApPiLy eVeR aFtEr.

Gerard became the official elected leader, with Cyber being secondary to him.

Frank started a program to help people get their lives back on track. He'd refer them to Mikey if they were having a tough time with everything.

Ray still can't read, but he mostly just helps out the others.

5 years later

A voice was accompanied by a knock on the door. "Hello, Ms. Montero? I was told you'd be in here."

Sadie opened the door and sat down at her desk. "Yes, Alyssa? What is it that you need?"

The woman, Sadie's secretary, wore a floral sundress to combat the constant heat of the consistently broken air conditioner. Her thick brown hair was held back by a black claw clip, leaving two strands loose, framing her face. Alyssa fidgeted her hands and looked around the room. It was a small, modest office with two desks. "Well, uh.."

"Spit it out," Sadie commanded.

Alyssa let out a sigh. "Korse is missing."

Sadie looked at her with confusion. "I thought he was dead?"

She shook her head sadly. "He didn't die from the blaster shot. We held him as prisoner, and didn't tell you or any other Killjoys until now because we knew you'd have him executed." Alyssa looked down. "I'm sorry."

Sadie shook her head. "We can deal with that another time. Obviously you couldn't catch him on your own?"

"I'm afraid not. Our sensors have also detected unrecognized signals. They are coming from the gassers."

The ex-killjoy stood up from her desk. The others were all at a meeting in another city. "Go get me my jacket."

Alyssa ran out of the room and returned quickly, the old black leather gleaming in the sunlight from the open windows.

Cyber pulled on the jacket. The comfortable material, that had once been loose, now clung to her skin. "Let the others know that I'll be out. Tell them as soon as you can."

Alyssa scurried off once again, already leaving a message for Gerard.

She moved to leave, but a smell hit her nostrils. Chocolate and lavender. Drifting in from the open windows.

Her last remaining thoughts before her mind blanked out were I should've worn a gas mask. I hope Mikey remembers to wear one.

I'm such an idiot.

Bulletproof Heart coming soon