jet's mother

Jet's POV

I watched as Cyber drew circles on the map in different colors, signifying who was to go where. I was a nice bright blue. 

My attention was on the little flick of her wrist as she drew another circle until Poison said my name. 

"Ray?" he asked. 

I tilted my head upward to face him and sat back in the chair, taking in everyone in the room. 

"Yeah?" I respond. 

His eyes flit from the book to me and back again. "What do you know about your mother?" 

"My mom? She, uh, died a few years after I was born," I say. 

"Was your last name Toro?" he asked. 

I shrugged. "Honestly that sounds about right," I respond. 

(idk how to close this off)

The next couple of days were spent planning.

It was a one-night plan, and they called it the Danger Day.

First, they would gather a few volunteer Killjoys to act as a distraction.

Jet, Mike, Ghoul and Tre would break into storerooms, steal technician outfits, dress up as repairmen and they would be disabling all of the gassers- which were just repurposed fog machines.

Cyber taught Mike and Billie how to hack into the cameras and they would, slowly and inconspicuously, shut off each camera.

Poison and Cyber planned a route through the main building. Cyber would wait to receive the signal from Kobra to put in the tape once all the gassers were disabled. Poison was the security, preventing anyone from getting in the room.

Once the tape was put in, the rest of them had about twenty minutes to get to the room and into their normal outfits before the cameras went on and their masked faces would be projected to everyone in Battery City, and then Poison had a speech prepared, where he'd tell them all of Better Living's wrongdoings. After that, they would wing it.

—-

They found a new car that would suffice for the job. It was a light gray Trans Am- they were incredibly lucky to get a car that was the same model, albeit different years, but it wasn't too different.

"Okay, this is a pretty big hub for Killjoys. We should find a couple volunteers here," Poison said.

They left the car and walked into the building.

It used to be a gas station with an attached supermarket. There were what used to be white and red gas pumps outside, next to the building. They were both littered with graffiti.

Inside was cooler, some of the few still-working air conditioners powered by hopes and dreams and gasoline.

Poison and Kobra went in first, their masks secure on their faces.

"Hey, er, could we say a few words?" Poison asked Paranormal, the killjoy who owned the place. She had feathery orange and yellow hair and wore a denim jacket with the words Grow Up in spray paint on the back.

"Yeah, feel free. Stand on the table over there and be loud so everyone can hear you," she said.

Poison nodded, and pulled themself onto the table. He cleared his throat and looked around the room.

There were about 25, maybe 30 killjoys in the room. They all stared at him, each one a mix of friendly and admiration.

"Hello, everyone.. I'm Party Poison, but, erm, just call me Poison. This here," he pointed to Mikey beside him. "That's my brother, Kobra. We have a plan. We're going to bring down Better Living Industries."