┊011

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟏𝟏 』
──═❀═──
━『 Trusting him 』

Just as we were about to open the door to the application room formally, Kakashi appeared before us, his lone visible eye shining with interest.

"Well, well," he began, and a tinge of mockery tinged his voice. "Sakura, you've decided to join us too. You can now formally apply for the Chunin Exam."

Sakura frowned. "What are you saying?

Kakashi's eye crinkled at the corners as he explained, "Actually, the Chunin Exam traditionally requires teams of three to apply and participate. However, in your case, an exception has been made for a four-member squad."

Sasuke's gaze flickered to me briefly, a silent acknowledgment passing between us.

"But Sensei, you said that the decision to take the exams was up to the individual," Sakura pointed out, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Kakashi nodded, "Yes, I said that."

"Did you lie?" Sakura asked.

"Yes, I did," Kakashi replied matter-of-factly. "If I said that, Sasuke and Naruto would probably forcefully convince you to take it under Misaki's influence, but I even if Misaki weren't here they would force you anyway. Even if you didn't have the will to apply, if Sasuke asks you, you would attempt to take the exams half-heartedly. For Sasuke's sake, and well, Naruto and Misaki's."

"Then if it had only been Misaki, Sasuke and Naruto who had come here?" Sakura asked slowly.

Kakashi responded immediately, "I would've stopped the Exam here. I wouldn't have felt like letting them go beyond this point. So, Misaki, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. I'm glad you all came! You're a team I'm proud of. Now you can go on."

The atmosphere in the room seemed very thick, with every pair of eyes fixed on our team as if we were intruders within enemy territory. The hostility hung heavy in the air, and it sent a chill down my spine while I was trying to keep poised.

I couldn't help feeling that each pair of eyes was on us, and thus the stares began weighing me down. A bit unnerving, to say the least.
"We should have come earlier," I muttered to myself, feeling the gnaw of regret. Neji's earlier encounter now seemed suspicious, almost as if he had orchestrated it just so we would be late.

"Sasuke, you're late!" Ino's voice was sharp against the heavy atmosphere, and I turned to find her clinging onto Sasuke from behind, something he showed no welcome for with his stiffened posture. His expression soured at her intrusion, a mix of bitterness and annoyance plain on his face.

Ino's obliviousness to Sasuke's discomfort only added to the awkwardness of that moment, her enthusiasm contrasting sharply with the sombre mood of the room.

I could practically feel the waves of annoyance and jealousy radiating off Sakura as she exclaimed, "Get away from Sasuke, Ino! You pig!"

Ino's teasing tone didn't seem to do anything to take the edge off Sakura's frustration as she continued to drape herself all over Sasuke, her arm lingering possessively over his shoulder. Sasuke looked painfully uncomfortable, his face screwing up into a visible grimace.

"Ah, Sakura, there you are," Ino said with a smirk, finally letting go of Sasuke but still managing to be very... physically close to him in a way that seemed to bug the crap out of him. "Still holding out hope the big, mutant forehead look is gonna be the next big thing, huh? So cute!"