┊023

──────═❀═──────『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟑 』──═❀═──━『 Number 99 』

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟑 』
──═❀═──
『 Number 99 』

"There are so many jutsu that I could teach you, almost infinite in possibilities," she said, her voice laced with excitement. "You would like to learn new jutsu, yes?"

"I do," I replied, squatted lower, taking a more focused stance with my hands on my knees. "But I also want to improve my other skills."

"Explain further," she urged, herself bending a little.

"I want to improve my taijutsu and genjutsu skills," I said. "Gaara was strong, and he defeated Lee, who had been unbeaten in taijutsu. Sasuke, too, could barely stand against him."

"I see," Anko hummed with a bit of thought, then suddenly stood up. "I can easily help you with that. I am quite. .. formidable myself."

"Really?" I murmured uncertainly, yet curious.

Anko hissed in response, suddenly intense. "I am. You would do well to remember that."

"I'll be what decides how strong you think you are, Anko," I replied firmly, getting to my feet to match her gaze.

"I can teach you whatever you please, you name it," Anko said confidently, her hand resting on her hip. "Taijutsu, genjutsu, fuinjutsu, kenjutsu, summonings... and even."

"Even what?" I nudged her, taking note of the hesitation in her tone.

".Kinjutsu," Anko replied slowly, her tone cautious. "But only if you're interested, of course. I could teach you the basic Kinjutsu, numbers 1 through 99."

I snorted at the suggestion. "And risk getting caught and thrown into jail? No, thank you. I have no interest in that. However, I'm really interested in summoning. After the chunin exams, I want to learn how to master a weapon."

"Consider it done," Anko replied, holding out her hand to me with a very confident smirk on her lips.

Well, I hesitated, for uncertainty had wormed its way into my head as I weighed the risks against the rewards of her offer. Upon looking at her extended hand, wrestled with me whether to go ahead and let her guide me.

Standing there, I thought about the offer Anko made; there were a million thoughts running in my head.

That day, I was enthralled by the summoning of animals due to the strategical advantages one would have in winning, and because of this connection toward the power of nature. But what really moved my attention, although forbidden, became Kinjutsu. Still, the price for playing around with such dark arts was just too high: both my freedom and the trust from my comrades were at risk.

Anko had been watching me intently; her eyes showed a quite sharp, wakeful attitude in their expectancy. Maybe she felt the turmoil within me, for her patience for my decision was very clear. Though this woman put out an air that was most intimidating, there was simply no denying what she knew and was capable of teaching. Were there anyone who could teach me the ways of mastering a weapon or wading through mysteries of summoning jutsu, it would have been her.