┊022

──────═❀═──────『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟐 』──═❀═──━『 Teach me? 』

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟐𝟐 』
──═❀═──
━『 Teach me? 』

"Sorry," the woman's voice said as she almost ran into me, but familiar, I didn't stop to turn, there were more pressing things on my mind.

Curiosity caught up with me, and I turned around to see who it was. Mitarashi Anko. What was she doing here?

"Don't patronise yourself over it," I replied, about to turn away. But her voice caught me off guard.

"You did great to get into the third exam," Anko said, placing a hand on her hip. "What are you going to train for?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I replied, my voice full of sarcasm. "I will be figuring things out on my own."

"Oh? Why is that?" asked Anko, quirking an eyebrow.

I said disinterestedly, not bothering to hide the hint of frustration in the undertones, "Kakashi-sensei isn't free, and the rest are too free, so there'll just be a lot of trouble to bother myself with taking care of them."

"Wouldn't you be okay if I became your next sensei?" Anko laughed as she said this. However, there was an implicit challenge in the way I heard it.

"Okay then, excuse me?" I said, quite taken aback by her question.

"Yeah, that's right, if you don't like how I train you, then you're free to go." Anko smirked at me.

I continued staring at her blankly, trying to figure out her intentions. Anko wasn't the type to joke on about training, but because of how out-of-the-blue the offer had appeared, I was being cautious. "Why would you want to train me?" I said, scepticism clearly in my voice.

"You have potential, and I'm bored. Besides, I don't see why Kakashi should have all the fun."

The casual attitude of her voice gave her away, though; I could hear no malice in her words. Quite the opposite, because she sounded interested, and I needed a mentor under the circumstances. "Sure," I started, finally, with my skinny arms across my chest, "but don't waste my time."

Anko gave a grin. "Dream on. Meet me tomorrow morning at training ground 44, 8 am. Don't be late."

She then walked away, leaving me thinking on this latest plan. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it could be just the thing I need. There was that unpredictable Anko, probably the type of training I needed in order to really shine in the third exam.

Something about her didn't seem right, though it was barely noticeable. After all, Anko was pretty intense, and a little out there, though training was also not something that I thought she would do for the Chunin Exams.

It was an odd sensation and left me with a niggling feeling of doubt.

"Misaki!" Sakura's voice ripped through behind me, sharp and cutting in its delivery. I could almost feel her crashing onto the street. Her energy was like an unrelenting tide trying to pull me in.