41| Secrets Of My Past

Soo-Nico P.O.V

Walking down the deserted street, I was leading the way, with the others following behind. I had my flashlight out as it was still dark, trying to find a safe place to take shelter and also to get Yi-Kyung some help. As we strolled along, my mind was consumed with thoughts of my recent actions towards Ha-ni.

I couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that washed over me, as I contemplated the possibility of harming a somewhat innocent girl. Despite this, the idea of Killing her still lingered in my mind. Was it the right thing to do?

I heard Hyun-su's voice calling out to me, urging me to stop. I was grateful for his intervention, as I didn't want to become the monster that they feared me to be. Even though I knew I had the strength to do it in one swift move.

After walking for what seemed like hours, we came across a massive building that turned out to be a design clothing center. We were exhausted and needed to rest, so we decided to take a break there. Upon entering the building, we climbed up a few flights of stairs until we found a place where we could rest.

That's when Chan-Yeong laid unconscious Yi-Kyung on the cot we found and asked, "What happened to her?" questioning the burns on her skin. " a fire started where she was staying. I think there was no way out. She was already unconscious by the time I made it in." Hyun-su informed, crouching down next to her.

" It's carbon monoxide poisoning something like a small gas tank should be lying around." He urged us. knowing there wasn't time to waste not walking far off I looked in a couple of rooms searching for an oxygen tank. Shining my flashlight the rooms were dark inside.

I entered the dimly lit room with cautious steps, scanning every nook and cranny. I inspected the space under blankets, tables, and inside closets, knowing that an oxygen tank could be hiding in the most unexpected places. Suddenly, the creaking sound of the door opening behind me caught my attention, causing me to turn around quickly. I heaved a sigh of relief, realizing that it was only Hyun-su.

Assuming he was going to join me in the search, I turned back around and continued to scour the room. But then, I felt a sudden touch on my shoulder, and I jumped in surprise. I turned around to face Hyun-su, who was looking at me with a serious expression on his face. My mind raced as I tried to figure out if I had done something wrong.

Perhaps he was still upset about an incident that had happened earlier when I intervened to protect him. However, as I looked closely at him, I sensed something more profound - a hint of regret, maybe, that he couldn't entirely conceal.

Hyun-Su approached me with a soft and hesitant voice, towering over me with his tall figure. " Soo-Nico, Can we talk?" He wanted to speak with me However, at the moment, my priority was Yi-Kyung, and time was of the essence. I knew we needed to talk soon, but for now, we had to put our conversation on hold.

I uttered the words, "Later, we have to save Yi-Kyung first."

As I attempted to make my way around him, I sensed a firm resistance. It was as if an invisible wall had been erected, blocking my path. Despite my efforts, I could not move past him. "Promise we will later?"

I nodded in response, "I promise."

" I found one," Chan-Yeong yelled out from the other rooms, gazing at each other in hope, We rushed over to him and saw him kneeling, next to the oxygen tank holding a rubber tube in his hand and attaching it to the nipple adapter of the tank.