25| Trust?

Hyun-Su P.O.V

Could I trust this guy? My insides were in knots after just finding out he was just like me. He killed his team without hesitation. He pretended to be the rabbit but all along he was the wolf.

I sort of get it to survive even as a monster you have to do whatever it takes. It was true it's not the monsters that are the Scariest it's the humans.

Judging by the paper he showed me when the helicopters flew by dumping them out will they welcome me with open arms? I knew Soo-Nico would if she were alive, she showed me that. But the others?

I could count probably a couple but that's it. I didn't know them long enough or know their true intentions if they found out about the safe camp. Would they report me? I got to thinking they did use me and Soo-Nico but they made up for it but still.

All this thinking of the what ifs made my head spin as we came down the elevator. The same one Jae-Hyeon died in. He was one of the ones who were good to me would I let him down by trusting Ui-Myeong?

Time would tell, I was torn between helping him and trusting the group. I would have to be cautious from here on out. Turning my head I looked at my reflection through the mirror.

It went on because there was another one on the other side as it started back at me. I could have sworn someone my eyes were black. I couldn't die as a human but am I living to see myself become a monster?

I saw the numbers count down until it got to one. I waited a few seconds for the door to open. Soon it did revealing the group, but they all had Serious Expressions on their face I don't blame them after just what happened.

They were holding up all kinds of different weapons. I Scanned through every one of them. Until something NO more like someone caught my eye.

It was HER

Soo-Nico stood in front of me I didn't know how my mind didn't recognize or see her. My breath was caught in my throat, I thought she had died. she did die in my arms.

I had to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I stood there for a couple of minutes processing what was going on but I decided To take a step closer. My words came what stutter-ish and probably unconvincing.

" H-How?"

I raised my hand up and with the tips of my fingers, I gazed at her cheek. It felt warm and firm it felt real. It was. I dropped my hand backing up.

The only way she could be alive is if she was infected. But she couldn't be? She didn't show any signs that I saw or none of them. If she was did she keep it a secret all this time?

But why would she?

I recalled the times she hinted at it during our first and second couple of other meetings. How could I have I've been so dumb not to realize? " Hyun-Su what's going on with you?" My train of thought was interrupted by Yi-kyung.

She stepped towards me with her gun, questioning what was wrong with me. "Did I win?" Ui-Myeong stated, more like reminded me of what he thought might happen.

By the looks of the group, I was beginning to think he was right. " Hyun-Su it's okay," Eun-hyuk informed everyone but did he know if I was? I began to question everything.

As I heard footsteps walk up behind me. " is that so?" Yi-kyung now pointed the gun at Ui-Myeong questioning Eun-hyuk.

She still had the gun pointed towards him so I brought my hand back up to the tip of the Barrel lowering it away from him. " don't move!"

" you know those things can't kill me?" Ui-Myeong reminded Sang-Wook who was angry holding the gun tight in his grip. " don't worry about that. I'll find a way to kill you when I need to!" He threatened.