In Medias Res

Author's Note:

The story you are about to read is a work of fiction or basically not based on actual events. The names, places, events, organizations and some other things that will be mentioned in the story are used fictitiously. I do not own any soundtracks used all throughout the narrative. I do not own the rights of the pictures that have been used for the cover photo and its chapters.

Enjoy reading TDKAU and ship responsibly, KathDens!

xoxo

.

.

.

April 2024

Kathryn Bernardo, nation's most sought after actress, found herself crawling up the bed after enjoying the post birthday party prepared by her cousins. She has a very low alcohol tolerance but the photos she saw online unleashed the monster side of her. Go to hell, Richard fucking Faulkerson, Jr. she cussed over and over.

She had to sleep on this feeling, hoping that Palawan will do its magic when she wakes up.

"Chandria?! Can I come in?" Cole, her only guy cousin, called from the outside. Kath even hissed coz no cousin of her is too polite not to barge in her room any time. "Cut it, Cole! Just get inside!" she yelled.

"Take this before going to bed para hindi malala ang hangover mo bukas."

"Thanks," Kath weakly replied.

Cole sat on the sofa nearby. "Something wrong?"

"Naaa... Naparami lang ng inom, which is of course, your fault pero thank you, I really had fun."

Kathryn quickly looked at the pill and deeply breathed. The trinkets of tears alarmed Cole.

"I've been meaning to ask you this, Chandria," he gulped, "sinasaktan ka ba nya?"

"Alden? RJ?" Kathryn laughed but it was just for a second kasi napalitan agad yung tawa nya ng pag-iyak. She's crying her heart out and started to vent while Cole patiently listened. Napansin ni Cole na tinatawag ng pinsan nya si Alden sa real name nito. Hinayaan nya lang naman.

Marami sana syang gustong i-advice sa pinsan pero mas pinili nyang manahimik nalang muna. "You're not here for work, Chandria, so rest as much as you want, okay?"

"Mmm-kay..."

Kathryn dozed off and her cousin tucked her to bed.

Pagkapatay ni Cole ng ilaw, he heard faint knocks on the door. Kinailangan nya pang ilapit ang tenga nya sa door to confirm that the person behind it is really knocking on Kathryn's room. The peep hole revealed a guy in black track suit and a black baseball cap.

He slowly opened the door, careful not to wake Kathryn up. "Come on in."

"Hindi nya sinasagot yung phone nya kaya nagpahatid na ako dito."

"Alden, I don't think that now is the right time to talk to her. Natutulog na sya."

He let out a defeated sigh as he saw Kathryn peacefully sleeping. "I will see her tomorrow then."

"You still have a show in CDO tomorrow, right?"

Alden is co-producing and directing a two-day concert of a famous girl group in Southeast Asia.

"Yes but I'll be back. I promise."

Cole nodded. "Hatid na kita sa hangar."

Malayo palang, tanaw na ni Cole ang private plane ng Faulkersons. Alam nyang madali lang kay Alden na gumawa ng mga ganito pero ito ang unang pagkakataon na nakitaan nya ng pag-aalala ang fake husband ng pinsan nya. Marahil tama nga yung mga narinig nya mula sa pinsan nya kanina... na sinusubukan nilang totohanin na ang lahat.

"Bro, I know you despise me so much but please give me a chance."

Please. Isang katagang ni minsan hindi nya narinig sa taong to. Alden is one of the people he knows who is so full of himself— mataas ang ere, indifferent, sanay na tinitingala ng mga tao. Ngayon, parang ibang tao na ang kaharap nya. Is he really falling for her cousin? Sana. Sana totoo.

Isang tango lang ang isinagot nya dito.