Part 1

The sun shines in the blue sky unencumbered by foamy clouds. The wind blows through my blond hair bringing out the blue strands.   I ride with Iris, a childhood friend. We always considered ourselves more like sisters, and 3 months ago, she and my brother got married, officially becoming part of the family. I'm happy for them, they really fit, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. All the relationships I've had have ended badly, and theirs was perfect from the beginning.   "Sahra, be careful and stop daydreaming" I suddenly hear Iris. "S, is everything OK? I know you, you can tell me..."

  "I know" is all I say. I dismount and go in front of my horse, Celest. Iris also dismounts. "S, what happened?" "Dad wants to see you." Iris is shocked and I feel sad. "S, it can't be that bad if he wants to talk to you. Maybe he just wants to right the wrongs of the past. You should give Him a chance." "Maybe, but he's hurt me in the past...he's done things I won't forgive that easily and I don't think it's a good idea for us to see each other. Not now..."

   I have my eyes on the ground. I feel Iris' hand touch my shoulder. I look back at spree a and see her smiling. I try to smile too so as not to show him how I really feel. "If he wants me to stay with him? If he wants to involve me in his life?" I start to cry, snapping at Iris without wanting to. "S, maybe you shouldn't worry so much. You know how sorry he is and how much he wants to fix your relationship. He's your father, you can't avoid him all your life." "Iris, I don't know anything about what he's doing there!" "Sahra for real? We're talking about Formula 1. Your father is the C.E.O of the FIA, you can't say you don't have the slightest idea what he does." "Sorry, I forgot I'm talking to the most obsessed fan of Formula 1." "If you looked, you would probably understand me. Besides, go to his office, see what he wants, and if he doesn't have good reasons, then leave. Simple."

   I smile, but not really. I mount and start walking back to the stable. Neither of us say anything else.