Part 10

It was evening. We chose to stay in my apartment in the city center. Lando was asleep when we arrived. I do my makeup and Oscar keeps me company. "So you use all of these?" "Not quite, not exactly. I have a few extra in case I need them." Oscar takes the mascara and tries to smear me with it. "Oscar!" We both start laughing. I take the lipstick and we start a real war. He's stronger than me and he's getting closer and closer to dirtying me. I don't even realize how loud I'm screaming. Lando comes scared into the living room. When he sees what is happening, he is speechless. "You scream over mascara and lipstick." "Maybe..." "Baby, we're sorry. We'll try to yell less." "Thanks." Lando walks back into the bedroom. Oscar takes me in his arms like a bride and takes me to the terrace. "Oscar! We already woke up Lando, let's not wake up the whole town!" "If you scream, you drown. Better keep your mouth shut." "No Oscar! We don't need to  jump in the pool! Oscar!" And he jumps with me in his arms. No matter how much I yelled for him to sit down, he didn't listen. The dress, hair and makeup are gone. Oscar and I laugh. Even though he ruined an hour in heaven I prepared for, I'm not mad at him. "We'd better get ready, or we won't make it." "For real, Osc! I've been doing this for an hour and you just ruined it!" "Sorry..." We start laughing again. Oscar takes me in his arms and helps me out. We go inside together and I start saving what I can of my make up.

.............................................. 

 At the club 

   "It's only your fault that I'm late" "Oscar is the one who thought it's better to start over" I try to defend myself. "S, you have to admit it was funny." Lando looked at us puzzled. "Since when do you call her S?" Oscar and I look at each other and start laughing. "Since she calls me Osc." We enter the club where we meet several drivers. "Oscar, who is your girlfriend?" Max asks. "She's not Oscar's girlfriend." Lando's tone indicated that he didn't like the question. "Hey! I'm Sahra. I'm glad to meet you." "Wait, are you that Sahra? The one who won the best voice award 4 years in a row? The famous singer?" asks Pierre in wonder. "Maybe... Yes, I am." "Wow! I listen to your songs. Sounds very good. Can we take a picture?" I thank him and approach him for the selfie.       

   I'm going with Lando to get a drink. We both order Tequila. We drink it pretty quickly and go back to the rest where we start dancing. 

    An hour has passed. We danced and drank continuously. I was having a blast, but I had no idea what was about to happen. Charles appeared next to us. He said something to Lando that stirred him badly. 

   They both went to a more secluded and quiet place so they could understand each other. I followed them without them seeing me. I don't want to, but I start listening to their discussion. "So...I think I owe you €1000." says Charles." "It is. I won." Lando continued. "A bet is a bet. You managed to spend a night with Sahra and I didn't. Congratulations! You were right when you said you can be with whoever you want, when you want." My vision blurs from the tears that start to form. I realize what was really between me and Lando. A bet. I can't wait to see them laugh because of me. I run to them in tears. "Is that what I was for you?! A bet, Norris?! A fucking bet?!" He wants to take my hands to calm me down. When he saw me, his smile disappeared. "Blueberry..." "Don't call me that! You made fun of me, just like everyone else! I regret everything that happened between us! Everything!!" "Sahra, please calm down. Let me explain." "I don't want to hear anything from you, Norris!" "Sahra, please! You're right, in the beginning you were a bet. Everything changed on that bridge. Then I realized that I love you! Forgive me! I was a fool, but please, you have to believe me when I tell you that I love you!" "I can't..." I leave before he can say anything else. It hurt me, just like others did. There is nothing different about him. Another man who wants to be with me just because I'm famous. Norris runs through the crowd. I find Oscar and hug him tightly. He see that I cried. I know Norris is behind me, but I don't want to see him. "Osc, take me home, please" I whisper still holding him in my arms. 

   We arrive home, me and Oscar. I remove my make-up, change into my pajamas and go to bed crying. Oscar enters the room and sits next to me. "Did you remember when you told me that I can tell you if something happens?" "Of course" "Oscar, I need a friend and a hug." Oscar doesn't answer me. He sits in bed, behind me. He takes me in his arms and starts holding me tighter. He is so close to me that I can feel his breath. A few minutes later I fall asleep in his arms.