Part 11

In the morning I wake up before Oscar. I get out of bed, thinking that Lando has gone and slept in Oscar's bedroom or on the couch. The house is empty. It is nowhere. I'm a little glad he's not here, I don't want to see him. On the other hand, it worries me. Where could he have gone? I try to clear my mind so I start preparing the breakfast.   While I was making an omlet, I hear the front door being unlocked. Lando gets on it.

   "Sahra..." Tears start to flow. "What do you want?  The bet wasn't enough so you came because you want to do more?" "No...Sahra I want to apologize. I was a fool to believe in that bet. At first I thought it would just be a fling and I wouldn't care after we broke up, but you're different than I imagined. You are special, Sahra, and you don't deserve what I did to you. That's why I don't even try to insist. I don't deserve you, Blueberry, and I never will." Lando wants to go to the bedroom. "What do you want to do?" "I want to take my things. I don't think you want me here." "You can't. Oscar is still sleeping." Lando's gaze immediately changes. "You slept with Oscar!? Was it really that easy for you to forget everything that you chose to sleep with my teammate?!" "Oscar and I didn't do anything. I was angry and crying. He came, sat next to me and took me in his arms. I wouldn't even turn to face him. Besides, what would be the problem if I slept with him? For you I was just a bet, nothing more." I can see how Lando is getting more and more hurt by my words. "Give me a chance to prove to you that you weren't just a bet. Please!" "Alright" is all I say. He is right. I couldn't forget everything so easily. "Today I'm going to my father's house, in Romania. If you want a chance, come there tomorrow. I'll send you the address." He nods and walks out the door. Before he left, his face lit up. I hope I don't regret my choice.