Part 4

Lando and I were walking back to the villa. I asked him to stay with me and he accepted very happily. I changed into my nightwear, and we went to my room. He sat on the bed and started a movie. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, I removed my make- up and noticed that my face was red from crying. I poured myself some water, cold enough to convince myself that I wasn't dreaming. I keep thinking about what happened on that bridge.

   After I told him, who I really am, he was shocked. I thought he was going to bring me home and leave, not wanting to hear from me anymore. He stared at me for a few seconds, then kissed me. This time more pressing and more aggressive than he did on the terrace. I didn't want to get his hopes up, dad wouldn't approve of this relationship, to be honest, but I didn't care. I also responded with a kiss. Equally pressing and aggressive. I hadn't turned it on for a few minutes. He wanted me and I wanted him.

   I go back to my room. I see Lando, his eyes closed and his phone turned on dropped in his hand. I realized that he fell asleep, I don't want to disturb him, so I try to leave the room slowly. By the time I reached the door, I felt two arms grabbing me by the waist and pulling me back. "I didn't even come well and you already want to run?" Lando asks me. "I didn't want to wake you up" "Blueberry, you're the only one I would want to wake me up. He pulls me closer to him and kisses me briefly, then he hugs me and takes me to bed. He sits me down, gently and then he comes  next to me. I lie down in his arms and we fall asleep, both of us together.

   In the morning when I wake up I'm alone, I knew it was too good to be true. He took advantage of me. Now he knows enough to cause me a million problems. I pick up my phone from the bedside table with the thought of texting her, Iris. I see I have a message from Lando.

Lando

I went to MTC

Zak decided to have an urgent meeting

I'll be back when I'm done to pick you up

   My smile grew as I read the messages. I got off the bed and went to get ready. I prepared the breakfast and called a Uber.

Iris

Come to you. I'll be there in 30 minutes.

   When I arrived at the hotel where Iris was, I noticed that a lot of people were waiting at entrance. I tried to make space to pass between them, to be able to enter the hotel. When I finally got to the door, a man stopped me, "Excuse me, but fans are not allowed inside." I was speechless. I'm wearing a wig and sunglasses, just to avoid being recognized, but don't expect something like "My friend is in this hotel. I want to go see her without too much fuss." As I say this, I take my ID out of my bag, showing the man who I really am. When he sees my name, he apologizes, and lets me in without saying anything else. I arrive in front of the reception where I wait to find out which room Iris is in. I am waiting for them to check and tell me the answer. A man appears behind me, asking the woman at the front desk something. She hears the question and goes to make a phone call.

   "Sorry, but I think I've been here before you" I say a little indignantly. "Désolé, je n'avais pas réalisés. Que voudrais-tu que je fasse pour me venger?" (Sorry, I didn't realize. What would you like me to do to make up for it) he says in an ironic tone, "Tu pourrais sortir prendre un cafè" (Could you take me out for a coffee) I say in the same ironic tone. He is surprised. He didn't expect me to understand what he said. "You speak French. And the accent...when you speak English you don't have it." "I was born in Paris and lived there for 6 years." "Interestingly, I'm sorry I was joking. If you want that coffee, then let's go." "Maybe another time. I need to talk to my friend." "Floor 4, room 415" answers the receptionist. Then he gives the man an answer. "I'm staying in room 424, same floor. I'll go there soon. If you want you can come with me." "I think I can handle it." "I don't doubt it, but I'd like your company. I'm Charles, by the way" I don't answer him. I go to the elevator and wait for him to enter. When the doors close, I take off my glasses and wig. Charles is shocked when he sees who I am. "I'm Sahra, I'm delighted" "I can't believe it. I'm sorry for everything. I admire you a lot, I listen to your music every day" "Thank you! And keep calm, usually people talk much worse about me." We continued talking until we reached the door. I knock on the door and when Iris sees us, she is stunned. She doesn't say anything, just smiles. "Am I missing something?" I ask confused. Iris looks at me as if he'd like to beat me up. "S, you never mentioned that you know Charles Leclerc." "That's because we've barely met," he says before me. "How about you join us for coffee?" Charles he asks Iris. "I'd love to" We get off the hotel and go to a fancy cafe nearby. We sit down at a table. "So you know me?" Iris blushes. "Yeah...I'm a big fan of Formula 1" At that moment I realize who Charles is. "Wait, he's the guy you're obsessed with and talk about non-stop at home?" "Obsessed you say?" Charles says while laughing. "If you still admire me so much why don't you come with me to the paddock? Tomorrow is the first practice at Silverstone. Sahra, if you want to join..." "I think it's better to go with Iris. I might come with someone else..." "If the young lady agrees, then we leave at 10?" "Good" said Iris extremely happy. I take my phone and look at the clock. I see that it is already 4 o'clock "Oh, how late it is. I have to go home. See you again?" "Sure" Charles said.

   Iris and I call an Uber. We enter in it and talk about this moment all the way. When we get home I see Lando's car parked in front. We enter in the house and I see Lando sitting on the terrace, looking at the pool directly in front of him. "Hey!" He turns and looks at me angrily. "I've been waiting for you for 2 hours. Where have you been? Why haven't you answered my messages?" "I went out with Iris and didn't realize what time it was." I say this as we walk into the living room. Lando sees Iris and gets stuck for a bit. "Is she Iris?" " Why?" "So you didn't answer my texts because you preferred to go out with Charles and now you're lying to me about going out with her?" Lando says as he shows me the current posts.

 "Is she Iris?" " Why?" "So you didn't answer my texts because you preferred to go out with Charles and now you're lying to me about going out with her?" Lando says as he shows me the current posts

   "Lando, it's not what it seems. I met him when I arrived at the hotel where Iris was. He behaved badly with me and I told him a joke to take me out for a coffee. He took it seriously and he went out with me and Iris. Besides, Iris is obsessed with him" "S!" Lando hugs me. "Is there nothing between you two?" "It's nothing, between us" I kiss him briefly "I like it when you're jealous... It makes me think you only want me for you" "Blueberry, you don't have to believe. Be sure!"