Part 15

Lando and I just got to the paddock. When we get out of the car, the cameras start filming us. The reporters come and ask us a hundred questions. Lando puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. After we enter, Lando stops to sign a few autographs. I hear a voice calling me and I turn around confused. "Sah, here you were." I see my sister who suddenly hugged me. "Lena, hey! What are you doing here?" "I thought I'd give you a surprise." Lando finishes his work and comes over to us. "I see you made it."  I turn my gaze suddenly to my boyfriend. "You knew?!" "Of course, I just texted him when I got there." "Love! Why didn't you tell me?" "I wanted to surprise you, Sah. Lando talked to Zak and said I can watch the race with you in the McLaren garage." I hug Lando in thanks. "Blueberry, we have to go to Red Bull. Max said he wanted to talk to us. Lena, we don't stay much. Do you mind if..." "Go quietly. I find something to do"

..................................       

         Lena

   I hear the phone ringing in my pocket. I take it out to see who is calling me. I see the name Laur and hang up. I don't want to talk to him, no matter how much he insists. Suddenly I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turn to meet his gaze, but his hand reaches around my waist and forces me to follow him. He whispers in my ear. "We have to talk." I don't say anything. I realize that there are journalists around me who are waiting for me to make even the smallest mistake to turn it into front page news. We go into the McLaren place and then he takes me to a separate room.   "Sahra, listen. I have to tell you something, and even if you hate me after this, nothing will change for me." That's when I realized what was actually happening. He didn't mean to hurt me, he just mistook me for my older sister. "Sahra, what Lando did to you... what happened between us after... made me realize that I care about you more than just a friend. S, I hope you don't hate me..." He suddenly grabs my waist and pulls me very close to him. His lips immediately touch mine. He kissed me long, giving me time to realize what was happening. I also answer him with a kiss. Then he stops and slowly walks away from me. We look into each other's eyes without saying anything.

   "S..." "Listen... don't ask me why. I don't know how to answer you. It just felt like doing it." He doesn't say anything to me anymore, he hugs me tightly. "How about we talk? I barely know you." "Okay. What do you want to know?" He takes my hand and we walk through the garage until we reach the track. He lets me go and we start walking on it. "It's quieter here. Now tell me about your childhood" "I was born in France. When I was 2 years old, there was a fire at the villa where I lived. My mother's sister was in love with my father, so in a fight everything went up in flames. My mother died, and her sister took me with her to Russia, telling my father that I died because of the flames. At 18 I met my family again and now we are the famous Oprea family." "I'm sorry you went through all this. What do you like to do now?" "I am a ballerina. I dance in the company of the National Ballet of Garnier. You know, I think it would catch you..." He pushes me lightly on the shoulder and we both start laughing.

   It's been an hour since we've been walking and talking. We learned a lot about each other. However, he still has one very important thing to learn about me. "So what grade do I get after this talk?" I ask sarcastically. "Sahra, you are different. When we talked before you weren't like this. You didn't mention anything about Russia and ballet. Still, I'm glad we talked. I wanted to get to know you better and...I found out enough to know that if you wanted to try, we'd be a good fit." I stop walking and turn to look him in the eye. I smile. "Oscar Piastri, somehow you want to ask me if I want to be together and you don't know how?" "Maybe..." My smile disappears. "Oscar. I'm glad you like me, but I'm not Sahra." He starts looking at me confused. "I didn't lie in what I told you about myself, and in no case did I lie because I'm an crazy fan who wants attention. I didn't even know who you were until today. I'm Helena Oprea, Sahra's sister, but everyone calls me Lena." Oscar stares at me. A smile appears on his face. He grabs my waist and lifts me up. "I'm glad you're not Sahra. I think Lando would have killed me for wanting to be together." "So you don't mind?" "Why should I bother? You told me who you are, not your sister's life. I wanted to meet Sahra, but I met you and to me, you are so much more than I could have wished for." He kisses me and I kiss him back. I love how I feel in his arms.

   I came here to surprise my sister, but I found someone else who made me happy.