Part 17

3 days later

   Lando and I ended up in front of our restaurant as I called Heart here. I was surprised when he told me he wanted to meet her and I was even more surprised that she agreed. I promised her that I won't interfere in her life, I don't want to force her to think that she has any debt towards me. The fact that he agreed to come here scared me a little. I know that Iris and Chase convinced her 2 years ago to watch Formula 1 and I'm afraid of the reaction she will have. I see her entering restaurants and coming to us.

  "Lando Norris, driver for the McLaren team." "Wow! Someone did their homework." "I like to be prepared." Lando stands up and hugs Heart. My heart beats faster than the F1 cars during the race. Lando smiles looking at her and unsurprisingly says, "I like the hair. It's very...pink" Heart laughs. "One: flamingo pink to be exact and two: you don't have to say you like it if you don't, I'm used to all kinds of mean things people say." Heart stops and looks down, and Lando puts a hand on her shoulder. "Sahra looks like her hair is methyl blue, Iris has hair that looks like the sunset has fallen on her head, do you really think that pink is so bad. After spending a few days with them, believe me, yours seems the most normal. Leave the hair though. That's not what's important about a person...Tell me about yourself. What do you like?" Heart looks up and starts to smile. I breathe a sigh of relief that so far they get along well. "The truth is that I like watching Formula 1. Iris and Chase once again forced me to sit with them and I really enjoyed it. Since then, we've been watching all the races together." I laugh a little, knowing how much they tried to convince me too, but they didn't succeed. "Yeah...the problem is that Iris taught her to stick with the wrong team" I say raising my drink. "Seriously? Iris' obvious obsession with Charles speaks volumes, but we don't expect it to be contagious." We all laugh. "I'm sorry, but Charles really is the best looking, after Arthur." "I'll make sure to let him know"

   The evening continued well. Lando and Heart talked a lot about Formula 1 and got to know each other better while I listened intently. I finally took Heart to her apartment and Lando and I head over to his house. "Heart is pretty. He looks like you when it comes to behavior." "I'm glad you understood." "Blueberry, I'm glad you told me now and didn't wait. I think the two of us" "Lando, be careful!" It was dark, and a car was overtaking on the other side of the road without checking first. I saw the headlights hit me hard in the face and felt the impact. I remembered the accident I had a few years ago, closing my eyes and waiting for it to be over.