Part 18- Lando

It is quiet around me. I open my eyes in the fog and see the broken windshield. My head hurts a lot, but I quickly realize what had happened. I look back to make sure Sahra is okay, but blood is running down her face. I saw a big bump on her forehead and started to worry. She was unconscious and I was afraid to try to wake her up. I don't know how hard she's hit and maybe I'm just making it worse. I try to get out of the car to look for my phone. I see a man running towards me. "Hey! Are you OK? I called an ambulance, it will be here in a few minutes." His words are lost and my vision blurs. Suddenly I can't feel my body anymore and I fall. The head hits the ground hard and the open car door is the last thing I see.

   I slowly open my eyes and see a white room. I see Iris sitting on a chair in the corner of the room, sleeping. I stand up slowly so I can see better. "Iris...what's going on?" She gets scared when she hears me and quickly comes to my side. "Lando, how are you feeling? Do you know what happened?" "I'm fine. Me and Sahra had an accident, we were talking and someone overtook from the other lane without checking. Is Sahra okay?" I realize late that the last time I saw her she had a serious blow to the head and was unconscious. "It's good...sort of." "What do you mean by 'sort of'...?" Iris looks down. "You know that S had that accident after which she had an operation and she couldn't dance anymore. The rod in his leg bent due to the impact and he had to have another operation to replace it. The doctor said she won't be able to walk, but as I know her, she won't take that into account. In a year she will be back on her feet, but dancing, gymnastics and skating are out of the question." I close my eyes and realize that tears are running down my cheeks. "Lando, S is fine and that's important. She wanted to be here with you, but the doctor wouldn't let her, so he sent me. He wants to make sure you know it wasn't your fault and the only person he's blaming is that driver who doesn't know how to drive." I'm glad that Sahra doesn't think I'm guilty, but I also think that now she won't be able to walk.