Part 12

At Stefan's home

   I enter through the front door. I don't get to leave my luggage, because I realize that I'm going to Amza, my brother. I hug him. My other brothers Chase, Lena, Andrei and Alin also join in the hug. "Sahra, my beautiful daughter. You came" "Hi dad!" "I thought you would come with Lando. How come you're single?" I look at the ground. I start playing with my fingers. I don't want to talk about it, but I don't want to lie like him either. They all look at me understanding that something bad has happened. "Lando and Charles made a bet who would sleep with me first..." is all I manage before I start crying again. Everyone is shocked. They did not expect this. Lena takes me in her arms. "Sahra... I..." "It's ok, I know what you mean. I forgive you." And I hug her tight. "Lando will be here in a few hours. I let him. Please don't say anything. It's my choice to listen to him." I say as I grab my bags and head for the stairs. Andrei comes and helps me. We go to the bottom room which has a fixed exit in front of the pool. Lena and I chose to share this room while we stay here. There is another room at our floor where Chase is staying. The others have rooms on the 2nd floor.

   I'm going out. Behind the pool is a path that leads to the pontoon and deck on the lake. I go down there, sitting so that my feet touch the water. I close my eyes and let the breeze blow my hair. The quiet here is just what I need. Away from cameras, fans, paparazzi. Just me and my family.

   "Sahra..." I recognize the voice. It came faster than I planned. We expect him in a few hours, but he seems anxious to see me. I get up and slowly turn around. "Lando...I didn't expect you now. Say what you have to say." "Sahra, you have every right to hate me. And I promise if that's what you want then I won't be in your life. However, the contract expires tomorrow. Legally, you are my girlfriend today. Please forget about the bet, just for today . Let's be as happy as we were before for one last day." "Only today?" "Only today." I nod and hug him. Tears start to flow. Just one day and it already feels like an eternity. The way I feel when I'm in his arms will never be replaced. My gaze reaches his face. We look eye to eye. "How about a boat ride? The sun will set in a few minutes, it would be a beautiful sight." I say smiling with my arms around his neck. "Sounds perfect." I quickly go to the house to get the boat key. When I want to go back I give my family. "Why are you so nice to him?" Alin asked. "Legally, I'm still his girlfriend until tomorrow. The contract my dad forced me to sign is still valid. I told him I'm just going to pretend it's nothing. Tomorrow he'll be out of my life forever ." I go down to Lando and we get in the boat. I let him drive. The water lilies were in full bloom and the sun began to set as we talked. Lando and I are having fun. I sit next to him and we look at each other. At one point he stops the boat in the middle of the lake. He comes up to me behind the boat and takes me in his arms. I put my hands around his neck and stare at him. I start getting closer and closer to him. My lips touch his and I begin to kiss him. At first it's not mutual, but after a few seconds he kisses me back. At that moment I forget everything. I don't want to lose him. Or even if I want to, I can't. He makes me happy, makes me feel safe. "Tell me I didn't just mean the popular girl to bring you advantages, please!" "Blueberry, you meant everything to me. I was a fool when I made that bet. Please, I am willing to do anything to forgive myself." "Maybe I already forgave you." We both smile. We kiss again and then hug, both crying. It's getting dark, so we go back to the shore. When we arrive, Lando gives me his hoodie to keep me warm. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I look at him, but my gaze jumps behind him. My smile fades and I tense up. My eyes filled with fear. I move so I'm standing in front of Lando. I'm between him and my father who has a gun in his hand. Lando pushes me to the side. "No one makes fun of my daughter!" Dad yelled as he aimed at Lando. The next few seconds were chaos. I screamed when I saw that he wanted to shoot. "Noooo!" I heard a shot. I closed my eyes in fear, and when I opened them, I was standing in front of Lando. My eyes were full of tears. I closed them again and the world went dark. Again.