Part 19

I'm in bed, alone. Iris came to me, but I sent her to make sure Lando was okay. The doctor told me that dancing would no longer be an option for me, but that's what I've been told in the past. I didn't listen to the doctors who cut off my dream, and I don't plan to now. I realize that the next few weeks, probably months, will be a pain. Therapy and a lot of pain, but I'm ready to go through whatever it takes to be the same as before. I hear cowards approaching and the parlor door opens. "What are you doing here? You should have been in bed." Lando sits next to me and I sit up a little. "It's my fault!" Lando starts to cry and squeezes my hand. "Lando... it's not your fault. Besides... I'm fine. It will only be a few weeks in which I will do therapy, and after everything you will be fine." "Nothing is good, Sahra. If I was more careful..." "LANDO! Understand that it's not your fault! What's important is that you're fine and this accident won't cause you problems in the next races." "But you won't be able to come anymore. You have to stay in bed and..." "Love, I can stay with dad in the office and I'll see you from there. There are solutions, the important thing is to be together next to each other." "Blueberry, where do you get so much hope? How can you only see the good things without thinking about the bad ones?" "I think about them, but I know we're going to get through this together, and that gives me the strength I need."

   The following months passed quickly. Lando had several races that I came to and watched from my dad's office with Lena. We both enjoyed and felt every moment of the race together. After all this time, me and Lando still haven't officially announced our relationship. We gave a lot of signs, and some fans are convinced that there is something between us.

   Today is the last race before the summer break. Lando is first and Oscar is a few seconds behind him. Although Charles is closing in quickly to overtake them, the number time is not helping him. There are only three more laps, and the tension is building more and more. The boys don't know, but today I came to the race without crutches. I wanted to surprise them so I didn't tell them anything about my progress. It's finally coming to an end, and I can't breathe until I see the verdict.