Part 20

"And it's 1-2 for McLaren! Lando Norris wins the Belgium Grand Prix, followed by Oscar Piastri!" Lena and I run to PitLane. Being the boss's daughters comes with a few perks. After I see Lando get out of the car, I run to him and jump into his arms. He catches me surprised and looks at me twice surprised that I can walk. He takes off his helmet and kisses me in front of everyone. Tears stream down my face and I pull him harder and harder. I see Lena who went to the Oscars, just as stunned as Lando.

   The guys take us with them to where the team is waiting, then leave us there so we can look at the podium. After the famous champagne fight, Lando throws it at us again, wearing us down a bit.

                   A week later

   Me, Lando, Oscar and Lena are vacationing in the Bahamas. We enjoy the time we have to relax. We did a lot of activities together, Lando taught us golf, we played paddle and won, and today we're spending the day on dad's yacht. Lena and I are standing in front, enjoying the sun. The boys come from behind and take us in their arms, jumping into the water with us. At the end of the day, we watch the sunset together. Lena and Oscar were walking away from us, Oscar whispering something to Lando. I don't see where they are going.

   "Blueberry, we need to talk..." "Sounds serious" I'm starting to freak out. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't start well. "Love, is everything ok?" "Not really, Sahra. Since we met, we have been through many difficulties together. After half a year with you, I've convinced myself of one thing...I don't want it to be any different." "Love...I'm not going anywhere." I approach him, wanting to kiss him, but he backs away. My heart starts pounding as I watch Lando swallow. "Sahra Alexandra Theodora Oprea, do you do me the special honor of marrying me?" At that moment I can't move. I don't know how to react. The joy I feel does not let me make any gesture. "Yes! A thousand times yes!" Lando places the ring on my finger, then stands up and kisses me passionately. Lena and Oscar suddenly appear with champagne and hug us. "I can't believe my sister is getting married!" "And...do you have a date in mind?" "Osh! She barely said yes, I have to give her time to change her mind." We all laugh at Lando's joke. We enjoyed the rest of the evening together and partied until late.