Part 16

Lando and I arrive at the Red Bull garage. At its entrance we meet Max, Kelly and Penelope. P runs and hugs Lando. I smile and meet Kelly. "Max and I wanted to congratulate you! I heard you two are together." "Thank you! The truth is, if we've managed to overcome all the obstacles we've encountered so far, I think it will be hard to break up.""I'm glad you're happy," says Max. P comes to me and asks me to hold her. "When I grow up, I want to be just like Sahra." We all laugh. I am glad to hear her words. Even though she is small and doesn't know what life is really like yet, it makes me happy to hear that she has me as an example.   Lando and I head back to the McLaren garage. Inside we see Oscar and Lena talking and sitting next to each other. "We leave you for a while and can you find me a better company?" Lena turns and looks at us. He smiles and says ironically. "Maybe..." I reply sarcastically "It will be good together." "Thank you! You would never say your sister is so pretty." My smile fades and I look confused. "Wait a minute, I said ironically that it will be fine. Is there really something between you two?" "Sahra, earlier I came to you to tell you that I like you, but I ran into Lena. We spent the last hour together and...realized that...maybe we should have met sooner." Oscar hugs her tighter. "Wow, mate, of all the girls, the one who looks like my girlfriend had to be fixed?" We all laugh. I approach the do and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Okay, you're busy, and we're interrupting you. Change and get in the car. In the end you have to show everyone who the best are." Lando gives me a short kiss and then leaves with Oscar.

   Lena touches my shoulder. I turn to her. "You didn't tell her about Heart, did you Sahra?" My smile disappears. "I could not. We are just fine again. I don't want to screw this up." "But you know that the longer you wait, the less chance they have of understanding." "I know, Lena. I'll tell him after the race."

   At the end of the day, Lando finished P4 and Oscar P6. Lena and I quickly ran to them and took them in our arms. After he took off his helmet, I gave Lando a long kiss. Many cameras turned towards us to capture the moment. We smiled, but quickly turned serous. "Lan, we need to talk." "Everything is okay?" My eyes are watering. I try to look at him, but I can't. With my eyes on the ground, I ask him to go to the restaurant where we went on our first date.   Lando came to pick me up from his room as soon as he was done with the interviews. Drive quickly to the restaurant. When I arrived, I went out on his terrace and hugged him. I could read in his eyes that he was scared of what I was going to tell him. "Lan, promise me that before you get upset you'll let me tell you everything." Does not say anything. He looks at me and nods. "I have a daughter. He's 20 years old." Lando is left shocked. I can't read any emotion on his face. "When she was 6, her parents killed someone and when the police came, they blamed her. They didn't think the police would arrest her because she was a child. They were wrong. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and her case will be reevaluated. Jax, who was my boyfriend 4 years ago, is a lawyer and heard about her case. She told me that no one would try to help her and that her only chance to get out was to be part of a stable family. I made the decision on my own to adopt and raise her. She doesn't think of me as her mother, and I don't always beat her on the head. She is my daughter only before the law. Otherwise, she is a very close friend and we don't talk like that. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to think that being with me meant having any kind of responsibility towards her. I understand if you don't want to talk about this topic and if you want her to stay away from us. I'm sure she'll understand too." I draw a lot of air into my lungs. I'm waiting for Lando to say something too. Instead he hugs me tightly and tears start to run down my face. "I want to meet her."