Part 14

I wake up dizzy. I see a lot of white around me. My vision is a little blurry. I realize I'm in the hospital because of the sounds and I feel the machines on my body. I look around to see Lando holding my hand and looking down. He holds it to his cheek. I move slowly to stroke him and get his attention. When he senses me, he turns his gaze quickly. When he meets my eyes he starts to tear up. He refrains from crying.

   "Love...?" "Yes, blueberry." "You are here." He suddenly smiles. "I always will be, as long as you let me." "I want you always to be with me." I stand up a little and kiss him. He answers me with another kiss. When I'm around him I feel safe, he wouldn't let anyone hurt me and  I will never allow anyone to hurt him either. Maybe at first I was just a bet for him, but now it's clear that there is much more between us

....................................................

        2 weeks later 

      Sahra's home 

 "Dad, please! Please leave him alone!" "No one makes fun of my daughter!" And shoot. The sound grew louder and louder, never stopping. Lando's voice that called me is faintly heard. I see the world stop and start to fall apart around me. Everything goes black. "Sahra!" I get up scared. I can see Lando looking even more scared. He looks at me worriedly. I quickly realize that everything is okay, that it was just another nightmare. 

   Since I got out of the hospital they started appearing every night. "I'm fine." is all I say with a trembling voice. Lando takes me in his arms and hugs me tightly to his chest. We both fell asleep on the sofa last night when we were watching a movie. 

    "Blueberry, you know you can't lie to me." "I know." I look at my phone and see the date. "Lando, weren't you supposed to go to Miami for the race today?" "Yes, but I don't want to leave you alone." "Then let me come with you." His face lights up and he starts to smile. "If we are seen together, everyone will know about us." "I do not care. No matter what the world thinks, you have no chance of getting rid of me." We both go and start packing. For the first time I will go to the race of my true lover.