A Decision is made

When Type went to talk to his mother about taking their uncle into town, he realized that his parents were arguing again. He could hear his father's screams, in fact, he was sure people on the other side of the hotel could hear it. 'It's a good thing this is a slow season and there aren't many people staying.' He ignores the fact that for the last few years, since the event it had always been slow season. At first it was to give him time to heal and adjust but later he knows that it's more to do with his father's overprotectiveness.

For the guests that were in the hotel, the fighting had become normal just like for Type, although he could tell that this one was worse than the others. "I told you that I'm not giving my son to some stranger!" His father's words became more clear as Type grew closer to the house.

"And I told you he's not some stranger, he's my brother."

"A brother you never mentioned or introduced!" Type could hear the hurt in his father's voice as he said these words. He knew the man tended to take everything a little too personally, so his mother keeping her brother hidden must have felt like a personal attack.

"It was how he wanted it, to protect us!"

"See! He's clearly dangerous!"

"He's not dangerous, it's just issues with my father's side of the family that quite frantically is not my story to tell and not yours to know." Those words intrigued Type, with the haunted look in his uncle's eyes earlier, it confirmed that there was some dark family secret or trauma that the older man hides.

"How am I supposed to trust him with my son!"

"By trusting me when I tell you that he can be trusted."

"HE'S A MAN! No man can be trusted." This made Type feel guilty, it was a reminder that this was all his fault. His parents used to never argue before, they were so sync that everyone was jealous of their love and unity. His father doted on his mother, doing anything to keep her happy while his mother pampered and took care of them. Now they constantly fight and argue, they were barely sleeping in the same room and it's all because of Type.

'Another reason to leave, they don't need me around ruining everything they built.'

"You're also a man!"

"But I am Type's father!" The man exclaimed, now Type was outside the door and he hesitated to go inside. "I can't believe you want to give our son to a strange man after what happened! It's almost as if..." his father's words were cut off by a loud slap. Type ran inside only to see his father's face turned in shock, his cheek already turning red.

"Don't you ever fucking dare, do you know how hard I pray and wished to be the one to take this pain and suffering from my son." The woman was crying as she glared at her husband. "How much I bargain, offering myself to go through what he did a thousand times as long as he didn't have to, as long as he stayed happy and innocent?"

"Apinya," Damrong realized what he implied and could not hide the guilt and regret in his eyes.

"No! Don't you ever question what I would do or give for my son or how much I love him because that is the day that I walk out that door and never look back."

Both Type and his father gasped, his father rushing to beg for forgiveness. He promised never to do it again and that he let his temper get the best of him. Type walked out before he was seen, his eyes wide. His parents could not separate, he would never forgive himself if he broke them up, 'I have to leave.' With his mind made up he promised to tell his uncle today that he was leaving with him and he wants to leave as soon as possible. He decided not to invite his mother, to let his parents have a moment without him there. 'Maybe that will help,' he wondered, wiping the tears from his eyes.