A turning point

Author Note: Next update will be 10/8 or 10/9. Things are moving along, I swear that I never meant to make this a slow build but with Type's trauma the only way for their relationship to work without it being noncon or dubious is with time. I'm also really enjoying building up and strengthening their relationship.

Enjoy!

**************************************************

After the incident, the tentative truce that Tharn and Type seemed to have built over the last few days, broke as if Type was reminded that he was supposed to hate Tharn. "I didn't need you to step in," Type spat at the older man who walked almost meekly behind him. "I'm not like one of your weak bitches that you need to defend!"

Tharn for his part winced, he knew that this was coming. He learned that his roommate was the embodiment of a grumpy black cat that had been abused so he was constantly hostile, distrustful and combative. He knew that someone as proud as Type seemed, would not have taken lightly to being 'saved' by someone he hated and was disgusted by. 'I mean he never used that word but his actions said it loud and clear.'

"Please don't insult the people I've dated," Tharn declared sternly yet making sure to keep his voice calm and his posture casual. "You can say whatever you want about me but do not insult them because you don't know them and I'm sure you have a good reason for hating people like me but it's not their fault so please don't attack them." Tharn almost pleaded, he thought of Tar, who had been so sweet and constantly wanted to help others. He never judged anyone and always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

"I want to cook meals that we can all share together!" Thinking about the younger boy brought back the ache that their break-up caused. Back then it felt like his heart had been stabbed although now the ache felt more like a broken bone that had long healed but sometimes still reminded him that things weren't like they used to be.

Type saw as Tharn suddenly got a glassy look in eyes and seemed almost far away. 'Probably thinking of some ex that he's still not over,' for some reason this thought made Type angrier.

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want! Don't you dare think that this 'nice' roommate routine is working." Type stepped up to Tharn, staring the younger man down, "I find you nothing but creepy and not matter what you do, that will never change."

Type ignored the pang in his heart when he saw the hurt look in those eyes. 'No! This is all a ploy, that's how they get you.' He thought of the bastard that started it all, of how friendly he had been and his resolve strengthened once more. "So if you really care and want to help, get the fuck out of my sight and my life!"

Tharn stood there as Type stormed away into the bathroom slamming the door so hard that the walls seemed to shake. He flinched at the loud sound but otherwise was frozen by those harsh words. It might have been naive or foolish, maybe even a little entitled but Tharn had never been hated like this before. People had avoided him in school but it was more caution because of his situation than hate. Even Tum, after the break-up with Tar, had been angry but eventually apologized. "I spoke with Tar, he explained things. Still, I think it's best that we cut contact..."

A drop of water fell to the floor between his feet and Tharn looked at it with confusion, 'is there a leak?' It wasn't until more followed that he realized where they were coming from. He touched his cheek and noticed that he was crying, it had been so long since he last cried. After Tar broke up with him, Tharn promised never to cry again. All it did was cause his family to worry and make him seem like he couldn't handle things on his own.

'I promised I would be strong,' he furiously tried to wipe the tears away but they just kept falling. 'Why can't I just be strong?!'

Tharn wasn't even sure why Type's words affected him so much, the man was practically a stranger. "Tharn, you get attached too easily and quickly," he thought about Lhong's words after his boyfriend of three months had broken up with him and Tharn was sad about it. Thinking about it he shouldn't have been surprised or let it affect him, it was always the three month mark, they never made it pass that time.