Chapter 2 - Blessing or a Curse?

Word spread around Liyue harbour about the young lady from the Shirogane clan getting a cryo vision that evening. The air was thick when I stepped into my house. I could tell something was up when my eyes landed on my family sitting on the couches in the living room. I smiled wondering if they had already heard about my vision. But that smile quickly dropped when I noticed their expressions. My little sister was trying to warn me about something with a few gestures. I couldn't really understand what she was trying to say.

"Haruhi, sit down. We need to talk to you about something. " Father began.

"What is it? " I asked as I sat down next my sister. I looked at my mother who looked back at me sternly.

"We heard about your vision. " Father continued.

"Yeah, what about it..? " I was a little skeptical about the mood now. I couldn't tell if they were mad at me for something but their expressions were grim.

"You are not to use it."

"What? Why not? " My voice was laced with panic as I sat up in my couch.

"It's a cryo vision, meaning it's from Shnezanaya and you know how we feel about Shnezanaya, the Tsaritsa and the Fatui.. "

Then it struck me. I had not even thought about this before. My clan had completely boycotted Shnezanaya and anything related to Shnezanaya. We weren't even allowed to talk about the Fatui or any Shnezanayan. To be honest I had never seen the point of this but I also understood where my elders were coming from. My uncle was brutally killed by a Fatui harbinger almost 30 years ago. This ended up making the clan head who is my grandfather extremely furious. He had since then banned anything and everything related to Shnezanaya. This was one of the reasons my friendship with Chongyun was frowned upon and it was just because he owned a cryo vision.

I knew that my grandfather would not be pleased with  the fact that I had received a cryo vision or the fact that I was this happy about it. I was so excited about getting a vision that this hadn't even crossed my mind. I was almost in tears as my father's words sunk in. I clenched my fists and took a deep breath.

"But I have finally received a vision. It means that my ambitions were acknowledged by an Archon even if that may be the Tsaritsa. Can you not overlook this just this once? "

I tried to plead with my father. Of course he wasn't going to listen but I had to try. I finally got what I wanted and I wasn't going to lose it this soon.

"You know that we can't do that. Your grandfather- no I won't allow it. " My father spoke sternly.

"You know how much I have been training for this moment. I finally fulfilled my dreams and now you are just taking it away?" Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I wanted to seem strong.

"ENOUGH!" My father raised his voice making me gasp and flinch slightly.

I hated being yelled at, especially by anyone close to me. Tears fell as I stood up and debated if I should just leave. I wasn't going to give up just yet. If convincing them wasn't going to work, I was going to use my vision anyway. I stood determined as I faced my father's glare.

"You can't stop me from using it! It's my vision and it being cryo or being affiliated with the Tsaritsa and Shnezanaya does not bother me one bit! " My chest was heaving from how upset I was as I raised my voice a bit as well.

"What did you just say? Do you even know how they killed my brother? They took him away from me by giving him such a painful death when he was just about your age! He was all but 21 years old! Tell me does it still not bother you at all? " My father was enraged.