A certain snowflake hairpinned woman

"The moon will sing a song for me.."
"I loved you like the sun."
"Bore the shadows that you made"
"With no light but my own."

— The Crane Wives, The Moon Will Sing

———+———————+———

"Oh.."

You'd murmur, finding yourself in a village but you being tangled up in some sort of bush- grass?? You don't know you're not some plant expert or anything..

Pulling yourself again, you got out! But leaving your leg behind.

"Uh... I'll just-"

You would awkwardly take back your left leg and took a dirty cloth you found earlier on your trip to wrap around tightly secured onto your knee. You now noted that you should learn how to stitch for these scenarios..

You'd walk into the village but it was already nighttime and raining heavily so you tried your luck with getting adopted quickly before you caught a cold.

「申し訳ありませんが、違います。」
-
「悪魔の子......違うよ」
-
「申し訳ありませんが、家にはすでに5人の子供がいますが、あなたを助けてくれる人が他に見つかると思います!」

... alright, didn't look so good so far. You've been rejected, called a demon and only one person had a reasonable rejection for helping you. Lovely..

You were about to give up until a girl approached from behind you, with instincts you punched her stomach before she winced and you'd feel bad immediately.

"Oh.. sorry.. sorry.."

You'd look down and tried to help the girl, but she'd look up and-

She had pink eyes with a flower like pupil inside of them, black hair slicked back into a bun and a snowflake hair clip, it was Koyuki but.. she seemed but healthier. This meant it was either before she got sick, or after she got healed.. but she wore the same kimono (or Yukata idk..) as always so it was hard to determine.

"No, no.. it's alright! It's dark out after all so it's expected to defend yourself in a dangerous night.."

Koyuki said as she patted her hair but then realized you looked pale and had stitches all over your body and face.

"Oh my! Are you alright? You're so pale and you have so many stitches! You must be cold with that ripped kimono.. come inside! I'm sure father can help you."

Before you could protest or- try to convince Koyuki that you were fine, she'd lift you up into her arms and carried you back to her home or.. her father's dojo technically.

'Right I'm younger and built younger I'm not a 23 year old dead on the road..'

The dojo was empty and, to be honest, it was a bit uncanny as in the manga you've only seen the dojo full or with Akaza or.. Hakuji  at the timeline you're in so far.

"Father is already asleep, let's grab you something warm, alright?"

Koyuki whispered to you in a gentle voice, treating you like a child as in reality you were a 23 year old stuck in a new reincarnation life.

Being lead into her room felt like a fever dream. Only seeing herself in her bed in one panel and that was it, Koyuki's room was beautiful.

She had a closet with some snowflake stickers that you thought was a nice touch, shelves with books, old toys, games such as uno-

Cut, no uno.
What- why??
Uno didn't exist yet duh.
Oh yea right.

I mean.. just games like chess and checkers, and some other basic things like gifts and flowers in vases.

"A very pretty room.."

"Oh, thank you! I don't think it's that great.."

Koyuki said being humble as you were reminded of how sweet and lovely Koyuki was. You'd marry her if- Hakuji didn't exist. But Hakuji did deserve Koyuki so that's out of the window..

"Alright! Can you try this one?"

Koyuki asked as she handed you over her Yukata and one of her haori's and lead you to one of the bathrooms to change.

You'd use this chance to see what gender you were as you were a girl, as you expected since you had medium length hair and well... uh, yea. You'd dry yourself off and change quickly to not think over it too much and Koyuki's Yukata and haori actually fit your body quite well besides only being a few centimeters bigger, realizing how short and small Koyuki was only being Hakuji's height and a little bit smaller if you remembered correctly.

"Aww! You're so cute!"

Koyuki whispered shouted with happiness looking at you in her clothes. She'd lightly pinched you on the cheeks and ruffled your hair with uncontrollable happiness, which made you smile at how happy she was.

"Alright.. uhm.. you don't mind sharing a futon with me right?"

Koyuki asked nervously for your response as you didn't really mind too much since you loved Koyuki for her character and you'd nod your head, making her smile in relief and patted a side next to her.

You settled in as she pulled the covers over you like a mother and laid next to you, whispering goodnight and falling asleep happily.

You had the time to think on how Koyuki would literally get the best mother award on how sweet she was to you and respected boundaries and that it was really sad on how she was killed off.

So you had a next mission, to make sure Koyuki lives.