Side story filler: Yushin Eishin! Flame Hashira's Tsuguko

"I can't believe it.."

A man named Yushin Eishin, around 26 years old mumbled covering his face, wearing the demon slayer uniform with silver buttons and sighed, wearing a white haori and long black hair up to his knees.

He was currently contemplating on how weak he was. He was almost 27 for gods sake! And yet, young teens/adults his age were already Kinoe and doing much more damage than he's ever done! Or, at least he thinks so..

"Yushin! It seems you are feeling gloomy today, what is the matter?! You may speak to me about !"

The flame hashira with an upbeat and loud attitude and voice exclaimed making Yushin flinch slightly and look up at Kyojuro Rengoku, the flame hashira being Yushin's mentor.

Rengoku sat next to Yushin as he sighed and smiled at his mentors and straightened up slightly taking a deep breath and decided to explain his thoughts.

"I just kind of feel.. behind. With old teens and young adults already rising the ranks faster than I have being for 5 years! I just don't think I'm pushing myself enough.. or.. enough in general."

Yushin explained feeling a bit awkward telling someone young than him about his struggles, not to mention Yushin itself was actually only 5,3ft tall, short for his age certainly..

"That is no worries Yushin! People may be rising quicker than others, but as long you have a purpose and put your heart into what you do, it never matters how fast or slow you rise! How much you put in effort into something is much more important than just skipping steps and rising up high!"

Rengoku encouraged Yushin proudly as it reminded Rengoku on how he used to tell Senjuro that, to help him continue to push through his training with him as he did remember that people look up to him, and it's good to have them have a good person to look up to and inspire from.

Yushin sighed and felt silly for worrying over something so incompetent for someone his age and smiled at the other's wisdom and intel, standing up and grabbing one of the practice swords and glanced at Rengoku.

"Thank you Rengoku-sama. Let's train a bit more alright? I'm feeling better."

"Of course Yushin! Though I do feel I should be calling you 'sama' as you're older than me!"

Rengoku said happily as Yushin just chuckled at Rengoku's words of feeling compelled to call Yushin 'Yushin-sama' because of his age, which of course did make sense to Yushin but it made him feel-... old.

Just then, pink and green hair came into view and Yushin happily dropped the practice sword and ran up to Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira and hugged her happily at seeing his best friends, Rengoku sighing and looking at the two happy, glad they got along and then excited to join in the conversation with the two.
—-

Rengoku, Mitsuri and Yushin both hopped out of the panels as music started to play in the background.

"Wah! It's been so much fun talking to you guys even for 5 minutes!" Mitsuri beamed happily at the two using both of her hands to touch her cheeks.

"I can certainly say the same Mitsuri! But now it's time for.."

"Taisho Era Secret!" All of them exclaimed in unison looking at the camera (or you)

"Yushin-sama is a hard working man! But I wished he'd be less shy to meeting new people!" Rengoku exclaimed making Yushin deadpan and embarrassed, covering his face.

"Roll the clip!" Someone in the background said as Yushin panicked yelling out; "WAIT STOP-!"

"Hm? The flame hashira has a tsuguko?" Tanjiro asked as he trained with his friends, Inosuke and Zenitsu! As Aoi mentions about Yushin in the background while hanging clothing.

"Yes, he is. In-fact.. Yushin-sama!"

Aoi murmured before calling out for Yushin as she spotted him and held happily wave back at Aoi, walking up to her quickly and greeting her with a sibling like hug.

"Hello Aoi! How are you?"

Yushin happily exclaimed showing tons of energy and letting Aoi back down onto her feet as Tanjiro glanced at the man's cheerful behavior and beamed smiling.

"Hello Yushin-sama! Aoi has told me many things about you! I'd love to- huh?!"

Tanjiro tried to talk to Yushin but his face heated up and froze with a nervous smile and stiff body, holding his hands together tightly looking at the boy.

'Did I do something wrong?"

Tanjiro wondered before Yushin stammered, saying that he needed to go to his crow Yakihamada or, Yaki for short to feed her, and quickly dashed away.

"Ah.. sorry, he's shy to meeting new people and kind of just leaves quickly. But he'll come back when he sees you next time!"

Aoi explained as Tanjiro smiled at the explanation and nodded his head.

The clip ended as Yushin was bright red and was kneeling on the ground with his face covered at the embarrassing clip of him before Mitsuri decided to speak up.

"Me and Yushin-San have met when I was still Rengoku-sans tsuguko! We still eat out often like always and he's the closet to having such a big appetite as mine!"

Mitsuri exclaimed happily as Yushin and finished contemplating his life choices and how he his to finally say is last part.

"Me and Obanai-sama both had hetarochromia (however you spell it), except on my left, my left eye is a light red and the other side is a light pink!"

Yushin explained happily before Mitsuri carried away Yushin to go eat out with her and Rengoku soon followed since he had no missions so far.

————

A/n: Sorry for the filler chapter! I'm still thinking of a new chapter idea and I'll certainly make sure the next chapter is about the main story!